Chapter 9

After leaving the café, not before Heeseung paid for the both of them and Emma sulking about it, they continue walking around. "You should have let me, I feel bad now" Emma says as Heeseung smiles. "I don't want you to worry about that, ok? It's my pleasure" he says, making her blush. "Thank you" she says as they both smile. "But I am paying next time, ok?" Emma says playfully as Heeseung laughs, nodding approvingly.

They are so invested in their conversation that they don't even notice a car approaching them with high speed. As Heeseung raises his head hearing the engene, he immediately grabs Emma by the arm and pulls her close. "Watch out!" he says, as Emma closes her eyes holding him tight, her breath increasing second by second. The car leaves speedily, leaving both of them stunned. "What the hell was that?" she says trembling, as she holds Heeseung shirt tightly. "Hey, are you ok? Are you hurt?" he says as he embraces her in his arms, trying to calm her down. "N-no I am fine, it was just so sudden, I didn't expect this" she says, breathing heavily. Heeseung holds her, stroking her hair lightly, until she is completely ok. "Do you want us to go back?" he says as she nods. Heeseung understands, as they make their way back in silence.

They arrive back home safely, as Heeseung opens the door letting Emma in first, him following. "I am gonna finish some last chores and-" Emma is about to say but Heeseung cuts her. "No. Go get some rest, I can see you are still shocked. It's better you calm down first, I'll do them and then I'll come upstairs ok?" he says as Emma looks at him. "Are you sure? I really don't mind" but Heeseung insists as she nods and leaves to go upstairs. Meanwhile, Heeseung goes to the kitchen, as he sits on a chair leaving a heavy sigh. "What the hell was wrong with this guy? He almost killed her.." he thought, clearly concerned about Emma's safety and well-being. "If I find this bastard, I swear I am gonna kill him" he says to himself as  he goes to the kitchen to clean it first.

Meanwhile, Emma gets ready to take a hot shower, as she keeps thinking about the incident earlier. She tries to brush that thought away as she enters the shower, letting the hot water drop on her skin. Still, she can't help but think about the whole scene. The car looked familiar to her but she still can't remember where she had seen it before. She doesn't know if it was just a random car or if she knew the owner. But something inside her keeps telling her that it was someone important. Someone who meant no good and Emma can't help but wonder. "It can't be him right?"