Chapter 11

During the next few weeks, things are going great between Emma and Heeseung. Their bond is growing stronger day by day. Emma seems happier than she was when she first moved in and Heeseung can't help but feel at ease by that. Seeing her happy makes him happy, as he forgets all the things he usually worries about. Even tho, there is still one thing that is causing him to stress.

It's one of the rare evenings that Heeseung stays home in his office, going through a lot of paperwork. He works for hours non stop, when he decides to take a break. But it seems like he can't have ten minutes of peace, as his phone starts ringing. He sighs as he takes the call. "Hello?" "Mr Lee, I am so sorry to bother you but I have to remind you about the event for the 20 years since the company was found" his secretary informs him politely. Heeseung sighs as he smiles. "Yes, thank you Mia" he says as he hungs up. He leans back in his chair closing his eyes, already feeling the stress taking him over.

Heeseung gets up and leaves his office as he goes to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. He leans against the counter as he closes his eyes trying to relax, when he senses a presence. As he opens his eyes he finds Emma looking at him. "Is everything ok? You seem stressed" she says as she approaches him. Heeseung smiles as he sirs on a chair, motion her to take a sit next to him. "I need to talk to you about something" he says as Emma tenses up a little. Heeseung seems to notice as he slowly takes her hand into his, calming her down.

"Don't worry, it's not something bad" he says with a smile as she calms down hearing his words. "What is it?" Emma asks as Heeseung pauses for a second to take a deep breath. "So, in a couple of days is the 20 years anniversary of the company and I'll be hosting an event here in the house. It needs a lot of preparation and it needs tome to get everything ready. Do you think you can manage?" Heeseung says as he looks at Emma. "It depends, how much time do I have since then? And what exactly do you need me to do? Anything specific?" she asks as she mentally tries to prepare herself for what's coming. "Well, normally it would be hosted next week, but I understand that this is a small period of time, so I postponed it for the week after. So, you have two weeks, I'll let you know what you need to prepare so you'll be ready" Heeseung says as Emma nods. "Don't worry. I won't let you down. You can count on me" Emma says with a smile as she looks at Heeseung. "I know you won't" Heeseung smiles as Emma gets up to leave. "Emma" he suddenly  calls as she turns around to look at him. "Yes?" "Is everything ok?" Heeseung asks and Emma nods quickly. "Yeah, don't worry everything is fine. Thank you" she says as Heeseung nods and lets her leave. 

As Emma goes upstairs, she goes to her room closing the door behind her. She takes a deep breath as she goes to take a shower in order to calm down. As she enters the bathroom, she looks at herself in the mirror and says. "Don't worry Emma. You got this! You've been through worse, this is a piece of cake for you". Meanwhile, Heeseung stays downstairs as he closes his eyes trying to relax. He feels stressed about this, it's the first time he is responsible for something this big, usually his father was the one to do this kind of stuff. But he promises himself, he can manage it. He have to.