Chapter 23

Emma looks at Heeseung as he turns around, looking for Jake, signalling him to come over. "What do you mean, you'll take care of things? What are you gonna do?" Emma says as she sees Jake approaching them. Jake looks at Emma, then at Heeseung, feeling concerned about the situation. "What's wrong? Are you ok?" Jake says turning to Emma as he sees her neevously tapping her hands. "Can you do me the favor to take her upstairs and stay with her for a bit? I'll come find you guys later" Heeseung says as he looks at Emma then at Jake. Jake looks at Heeseung wanting more informations, but the look on Heeseung's face makes him stop, knowing there is no time for that. "Of course" he says as he looks at Emma, offering his hand. Emma turns to Heeseung first. "Trust me on this one, ok" Heeseung says as he hugs her. Emma lets out a sigh as she turns to Jake, letting him lead her upstairs, as they try to go unnoticed by the crowd.

As they go upstairs to Emma's room, Jake turns to her. "What is he up to?" he asks her reffering to Heeseung. "I have no idea honestly. I hope he doesn't get in trouble because of me" Emma says as lets out a frustruating sigh. "Does it have to do with Zayn?" Jake says and Emma's eyes widen. "How do you know about Zayn?" She doesn't remember talking to Jake about anything related to her past. "Oh pardon me" Jake says as he laughs. "Heeseung has spoken to me about his concerns for the guy. He told me what he did to you. He seems like a total jerk" Jake explains as Emma lets out a small laugh. "I guess he is not wrong" she says quietly as she sits on the bed. Jake watches Emma as he analyzes her moves, her fingers playing nervously with each other, she trembles a bit as she tries to relax.

"Are you nervous?" Jake asks as Emma looks at him. "Of course I am. It's not like I don't trust Heeseung, but I know Zayn. I don't want Heeseung to get into trouble because of this. Because of me. It's not fair to him" Emma explains as she slightly opens the door, trying to hear at least something to give her a clue about what's going on. The only think she can hear os the music and people laughing and talking. No sign of Heeseung.

"For what is worth, if you want my opinion" she hears Jake say as she turns around, closing the door "yes?" Emma asks. "Knowing how Heeseung is, I am more concerned about Zayn"  Jake says as he looks at Emma with a small smile. "What do you mean?" she asks him, as Jake lets out a small laugh. He slowly approaches Emma as they both sit down on the bed,while Jake turns to face her.

"I mean that no one can save Zayn from Heeseung's rage" Jake says, making Emma's blood run cold. "No. I can't let Heeseung go through this because of me" Emma says as she storms to the door but Jake manages to stop her from leaving the room. "Woah slow down. And what are you gonna do exactly?" Jake asks her as Emma turns to him, as determination runs through her body.

"Something I should have done a long time ago" she says as she turns to the door.

"I am gonna take matters into my own hands this time"