Chapter 25

It is past 1am, as everyone starts leaving the house. As Heeseung greets the last guests, he closes the front door, letting a heavy sigh escape his mouth, as he takes a look around. The whole place is a mess, there are plastic cups everywhere around, the floor is full of trash and eveything is in the wrong place. Heeseung sighs looking at the view in front of him, as he feels Emma by his side. "You should go and get some sleep I'll take care of it" Emma says as she looks at him with a smile. Heeseung looks at her unsure, knowing in what state she is and he doesn't want her to get tired. "Are you sure? It was a tough night tonight, don't you wanna go get some rest?" he says, as Emma looks at him and smiles, sending butterflies to his stomach. "I am sure, don't worry. It will help me get my mind off things anyway. You should go inside first, I'll finish up in no time" Emma says as she leaves upstairs to change in some more comfortable clothes.

Heeseung stays there as his mind replays what happened that night. The whole scene with Zayn, a new deal he eventually made with another company, Emma's mental breakdown. He turns around to look at the house, not knowing exactly how to feel at that moment. "Tough night huh?" he turns around, finding Jake coming towards him. Heeseung laughs as he nods, looking at his best friend. "You have no idea" "Is Emma feeling better now?" Jake asks, being fully aware of what happened earlier. "I mean, she seems fine now. Exhausted but fine" Heeseung answers as he replays the scene with Emma ranting on Zayn in his head as Jake nods. "So, when are you gonna tell her?" Jake says looking at Heeseung, catching him off guard. "Tell her what?" Heeseung asks as Jake laughs at his best friend, rolling his eyes. "That you like her, you idiot. And don't try to convince me otherwise, because you are terrible at hiding your feelings" Jake says as he takes a last sip from his drink.

Heeseung turns red hearing Jake's word. Is it that obvious? Has Emma figured it out yet? Does he looks like a coward? "To answer all of the questions in your head" he hears Jake's voice beside him as he snaps out of his thoughts "Yes, it is obvious. And no she has no clue about that. And no you don't look like a coward" he says, as Heeseung looks at him dumbfounded. Jake laughs as he pats his back. "I know you too well mate. Anyway" he says as he turns around to leave. "Whatever you decide, do it fast. You got this. Call me if you need anything." Jake says as he waves Heeseung goodnight. Heeseung stays there for a few minutes, trying to process what Jake just told him. He is not a coward right? He is not. Besides, Emma deserves to know. Heeseung turns around to look at the house and he sees the light in Emma's room. She is not asleep yet. He thinks. Has she cleaned up already? If she is not asleep yet, it is the perfect opportunity. But what if she doesn't feel the same way. What if Jake is messing with me? No, it can't be that he is my best friend, he would never do this. But what if he is wrong about Emma? What if I scare her and end up losing her forever?

Heeseung's thoughts get the best of him, as he starts sweating. He starts walking towards the house slowly, as if he wants to delay time as much as possible. He takes a look around, seeing the yard almost as clean as it was before. How did she clean it up so fast? he thinks to himself, Emma's speed is always a surprise to him. As he reaches the main door he stops for a moment, taking a deep breath as he holds the handle.

"It's now or never"