Chapter 15

Over the next few days Emma keeps herself busy with the preparations. She doesn't miss on anything, even the small details anyone else would ignore in her place but not her. She wants everything to be perfect. Despite Heeseung's pleas to get some good rest, Emma is determined to finish the job by any means possible. She doesn't let anything affect her, even tho the last few days her nightmares have gotten worse than before. But she never told Heeseung about it. She can see he is also stressed about a lot of things, so she doesn't wanna burden him more.

This is yet another day that Heeseung is in the office. So, Emma has all the house to herself. She goes upstairs checking if everything is in place, she then goes back downstairs to check the food and on the same time, she does multiple chores around the house. She knows she shouldn't do multitasking, since she barely has eaten well since she is always busy but she doesn't let this affect her. After closing the oven and let the food cool down she decides to clean the dishes in the meantime. As she goes to the sink she closes her eyes feeling a bit dizzy. She decides to take a sit as her head starts hurting like crazy. She tries getting up to grab some painkillers from the kitchen counter, since she know Heeseung always keeps some in there.

As she goes to the kitchen with some difficulty, since her vision is getting more blurry by the time, she tries opening the cupboard as her hands starts shaking. As soon as she sees the medicine, everything turns black.

*Time Skip*
Emma wakes up feeling her head ready to shatter into multiple pieces. She slowly checks her surroundings as she realizes she is in her bedroom. She looks to the side to see a very worried looking Heeseung staring at her. "Oh my god, you are awake! Are you ok?" he asks her as soon as he realized she woke up. She helps her sit on the bed as Emma looks at him with her eyes half open. "What happened?" she asks as she touches her head feeling the pain hit her. "I don't know I found you on the kitchen floor laying unconscious. I freaked out" Heeseung says as he passes her a glass of water. Emma takes the glass in her hands trembling. "How long am I like this?" she asks as she looks at the clock. 4pm. "Oh my god, the kitchen-" Emma says as Heeseung stops her with his hand. "Stay still" he says with a stern voice. Emma looks at him, this is the first time he sounds so coldly. He has never spoken to her in that tone before. Did she do something wrong? "What?" she asks as Heeseung locks eyes with her. "You are not going anywhere right now, you need some rest. But we need to talk" he says as Emma's anxiety starts getting the best of her. "I want you to tell me what's been going on with you. And don't tell me that everything is fine, because I am not having it this time" Heeseung says as he looks straight into her eyes.

Emma gulps. She knew this time would come sooner or later. She knows she can't escape him this time. She shouldn't. A part of her still hesitates to talk to him, but another part screams at her to tell him everything. She takes a deep breath to calm down as she mentally prepares herself to tell Heeseung her story. After all, she wants to be close to him. And she doesn't want him to think that she doesn't trust him enough. As she locks eyes with him she smiles and nods. "Ok".