Chapter 21

"Heeseung I am nervous" Emma says as she stands in front of the mirror in her room, with Heeseung fixing his shirt behind her. He looks at her through the mirror, as he smiles and walks towards her. "Everything is gonna be ok. I promise" he says as he gently rubs her shoulders to make her ease up a bit. Emma wears a black shoulder off top, along with black jeans amd black shoes. Her hair is in a high ponytail, as she puts on a small white necklace that Heeseung gifted her. "Do not worry about Zayn, I will take care of it. Just make sure to be alert if anyone needs anything. And be aware of your surroundings as well. If you see anything suspicious give me a sign. I will have my eyes on you" Heeseung says, making Emma blush at the thought of Heeseung's stare on her. "I'll go downstairs, just to make sure everything is in place" Emma smiles as Heeseung holds her hands, giving her a smile before letting her go. As he turns to the mirror, he sighs thinking about how tonight will go. But he doesn't let it affect him, so that he doesn't stress Emma more. "Everything is gonna be fine" he says to himself as he makes his way downstairs.

"Mr Lee, it's good to see you" an elderly man on the door, greets Heeseung. "It's good to see you to John. Thank you for your help today. It means a lot, I couldn't have done this myself" Heeseung thanks the man with a smile. John is an old friend of Heeseung's father and he always was there for the family. He practically raised Heeseung himself, since his parents were always busy with their work, that's why he is so fond of Heeseung. Heeseung feels the same way, he sees this man as his own father and he makes sure he stays healthy and safe. "If anything happens, you will tell me as soon as you can, ok?" Heeseung says as John gives him a nod.

Heeseung wanders around as the crowd starts to gather. He sees many familiar faces, from some previous collaborations, related to his work. He smiles as he greets everyone, until he spots a familiar face around the corner. The guy sees him as well, as he smiles waving at him as he comes closer. "Finally man, you noticed me" the guy says as he laughs, hugging Heeseung. Heeseung laughs, shaking his head. "I didn't know you missed me this much Jake" he says as he meets his friend. "Where are the others?" Heeseung asks. Jake takes a look around before answering. "Well, Jay and Sunghoon are somewhere out there wandering around, Jungwon and Sunoo will come a bit later and Ni-Ki will not come at all" Jake says with a smile. "Why is Ni-Ki not coming?" Heeseung asks curiously. "He never misses these kind of events" he says as he takes a sip from his drink. "Well, the excuse he gave me is that, he's busy working on a project and he says it's gonna take him a while to finish it. But I am 100% sure, that he lays in bed playing video games" Jake says to Heeseung as the older laughs at the youngest's behavior. "I'll make sure to scold him later" Heeseung says as they both laugh.

As Heeseung continues to be a social butterfly downstairs, Emma stays in front of the mirror in her room trembling. Her hands are sweating, her breathing becames unsteady and her heart starts beating fast, as she hears the music echoing throught the walls. She nervously goes to the window to take a peek downstairs. He spots Heeseung immidiately, talking to some guys and laughing, as she smiles. But as her eyes wander around, her heart stops as he sees a very familiar face. "Zayn..." she mutters, as she sees the woman beside him. She has blonde hair, wearing a beautiful blue dress, as she is all over him. Emma clenches her fists, as she closes the curtains and takes a deep breath. "You can do this Emma" he says to herself. "For Heeseung" she says as he finally makes her way downstairs.

Emma goes to the kitchen as she finds John. "Hi John" she says with a smile, as she takes a tray with drinks in her hands. "Hello miss Emma" John greets her back. "Is there anything I can do to help you?" he asks her as he sees the tray in her hands. "No it's fine, I got this. Thank you" she says with a smile as she goes outside. She starts serving the guests with a smile, greeting everyone as they all smile back at her. Suddenly, she hears Heeseung's voice from afar as she looks at his direction and she sees him talking with his friends. Emma smiles at the sight, as she continues to serve the guests. As the tray goes empty she turns around to go back inside, but freezes as he hears a familiar voice behind her.

"Never thought I'll see you again, little one"