Chapter 12

As night falls Heeseung stays at his office with only a lamp on and his laptop open. He leans back in his chair feeling exausted as his eyes start closing from tiredeness. He stays there for a few minutes, not finding the courage to get up. A peaceful silence surrounds the house, giving Heeseung the right amount of time to relax. As he slowly swings around he hears a soft knock on the door. He turns his chair as he   says a soft "come in". As the door opens, Emma appears looking at him.

"Is everything ok?" she asks as she slowly approaches him. He nods with a sign as he signals her to sit down on the chair across from him. "Just tired. Hell, I didn't even know what I did today that caused me to be like this" Heeseung laughs as Emma smiles. "You look tired to be honest. Your eyes are starting to close already" she says as Heeseung laughs. "Well, I have to finish some work first. Then I'll go to sleep" "If you don't fall asleep on the chair first" Emma says laughing as Heeseung smiles. "You have a point tho haha" he says as he closes the laptop and gets up.

"Oh by the way" Heeseung says as he takes a piece of paper from the drawer and hands it to Emma. "Here's the list for the event. It's better to give it to you now, so you can have the proper time to prepare" he says as Emma nods. "Oh yeah, thank you. I'll look into it and I will start from tomorrow morning. Two weeks you said?" Emma asks as he nods. "Don't worry. I got this!" she reassures him with a smile. Heeseung smiles back at her as they both head upstairs to their separate bedrooms.

Tonight is peaceful. Only the sound of cars passing by can be heard from afar as Seoul has always busy streets at night time. Emma lays down on her bed as she closes her eyes relaxing as she prepares to sleep. Little does she know that the night waiting for her is gonna be anything but relaxing.