Chapter Thirty-Six

(4 months later)

The sun beat down something fierce as I float around the water. Baby upstairs asleep and Joey at a fitting. All I wanted was to lay and get some color. Joey has been after me to go to this party for an opening of some club downtown, Im just not interested in it. Im still trying to keep a rather low profile and stay out the spotlight and media. My phone buzzed I reached over grabbing it from the cupholder and pushed up my sunglasses.

Joey: What you doing baby?

Ryder: In the pool getting a tan well the baby is asleep

Joey: You sure you don't want to come tonight?

Ryder: I really don't, you know I like to stay low key.

Joey: There going to be girls there....

Ryder: Not gonna work on me, I know you better than that

Joey: I wouldn't do that you know that, but come on I want you to come

Ryder: Sorry baby, I'll be here when you get home, how late do you think you'll be?

Joey: Probably late to be honest

Ryder: If I fall asleep wake me up, when you get in

Joey: I will, I love you baby

Ryder: love you too

I slide phone back and took a sip of my drink. This is just what I needed quiet and relaxation. 

It turned out To be just the perfect quiet evening. The baby even fell asleep at seven. I curled on the couch, Rocky next to me when I got a text from Holly.

Holly: What you doing?

Ryder: Laying on the couch watching a movie

Holly: Im at the club opening and Joey and the rest of the band is here you know that right?

Ryder: Of course I know

Holly: Then why aren't you here there are girls everywhere

Ryder: Joey asked me to go,I just didn't want too. Its no big deal I trust him.

Holly: Its not him I wouldn't be trusting

Ryder: If its all that just say something to him.

Holly:Are you mental, how do you suppose I do that?

Ryder: Just go up to him, FFS you know him

Holly: Umm dumb ass there is security everywhere

Ryder: Im not really concerned honestly. Joey said he be home late, but he also been texting me on and off through the night. 

Holly: When is the last time you heard from him

Ryder: hour or so why?

Holly: Im just saying he looks like he is getting pretty ripped up there, and slowly more and more girls are making it up there with them.

Ryder: It will be fine, listen Im going to go, I gonna go lay down

Holly: Alright. Coffee Tomorrow?

Ryder: Yeah, Joey is going to his brothers with the baby anyways, so it work perfect

Holly: OK text me in the morning...see ya

I don't know, I stopped and thought about it for a minute. I trust Joey I really do, but the girls a lot of them won't take no for an answer. I didn't even want to think that Joey would ever be the type to act like that quinticential  popstar, have a girl at home but out in public he is for the street, for all the girls.  I couldn't help the sigh as an uneasy feeling grew over me. I looked at the clock on the TV, 9:30 I stood up turning the TV off and walked over and armed the security system. Im just going to go upstairs take shower and crawl into bed and just put on a movie. Its my anxiety flaring up because of what Holly said. I know better, I know Joey he wouldn't do that to me.....would he?