Chapter Twenty-Three

(4 months after move,7months pregnant)

Ive spent the last four months here with Joey and it honestly it feels like were playing house. He can just be so sweet and caring and thoughtful and then the next minute I feel like punching him in the nose because he is hovering. I think he has fell into the habit that now that Im here if a mess happens or something Ryder will take care of it since I have been taking care of the house, paying the bills so he didn't have to take the time too. I don't know if it was my pregnancy hormones, the stress of midterms but when I came home and I pull into the driveway to find 7 more cars in the driveway, I just knew when I opened that door it was going to be chaos when I stepped in. I quickly put the top of his Benz up and grabbed the groceries from the backseat.I stopped at the grocery store on the way from campus, it was a mad house. It took me an hour and a half just to get a couple things. I didn't even make it in the door and I already heard noise.

I Struggled into the door with my arms full of groceries bags, I don't know why I expected Joey to come out and help by the sound of it he doesn't even know Im home. I managed to get it in the kitchen I dropped the bags too the counter and when I turned and looked into the living room. There he was with the entire gang of guys, all of the boys in the band, Tommy,Matt and even my brother. Beer bottled and soda cans lined the tables, pizza boxes and chip bags everywhere.I just blew a gasket I stormed in, no one even noticed,

"JOE!"

The room went quiet and everyone turned,

"Baby you're home"

He jumped from the couch and tried to grab me and I pushed him back, my pulse raced I was so mad.

"Don't touch me!"

"What, why?"

"You know fucking what Joe, I just spent all damn day in classes drove over an hour back here. Spent over an hour and half in the damn grocery store to get the shit to make you linguine and clam sauce for dinner because you said last night you been dying for it. I come home drag all this shit in to find the damn house looking like a fucking fraternity."

"Ry listen...."

"Save it Joe."

I just looked at the guys,

"Looks like y'all may want to get going."

Everyone rushed out and I turned to Ryder. I could see her shaking she was so mad. I didn't think she be that mad. 

"Listen baby, Im sorry I'll clean this up and order us dinner."

"Thats not the fuckin point Joe I'm 7 months pregnant and I come home expecting it to be a quiet night home with my boyfriend after today but I come home to the weakest frat party ever."

"Listen Im sorry, I figured we watch the game and we clean up and Id have everyone gone before you even got home."

"Thats not suspect or anything, And since when are you buddies with Remi?"

"Since he is your brother and our sons uncle."

"You know what I don't have the time or patience to do this today."

She stormed into the kitchen, I could hear her pounding around. I didn't want to push the envelope with her more so I slipped in and grabbed the trash bags and cleaned up quick. I sit here and I feel like a literal piece of shit that she is as upset as she is. I cleaned up and took the bags out. I decided to stay clear and let her cool off. It was a little while later she walked in.