Chapter Forty-Three

(three months later, November 1st)

I pulled up into Ryder's driveway. Im here to talk about planning Stryker's first birthday. A month after we split up I went and put myself on child support so I could make sure I got her out of that dumpy motel and her not fight me about money.The only time I see her is on Friday nights when I pick the baby up and Sunday when I drop him back to her. Our chemistry is still there, I can feel it anytime we have kissed. 

I walked up to the door and I stopped I could hear Stryker screaming, it was a scream I never heard from him. I knocked and rang the bell...Nothing. I pounded,

"RYDER,OPEN THE DOOR!"

Still nothing. I said fuck it and entered the door code. I walked in the TV in the livingroom had Bubba Guppies on for Stryker. There he sat in his play pen screaming, tears rolling down, what I didn't see was Ryder. I walked over and grabbed the baby and he started to settle.

"Stryk, where is mom...."

I walked around calling her name and didn't get an answer. I walked upstairs and stopped at the bedroom door, I listened carefully and I heard my voice quietly in the background. I tapped on the door,

"Ry its me, baby was freaking out downstairs when I came open up...."

Nothing, not a word. I reached for the handle but the door wouldn't budge. I can't even hide the worry that has crept in. I banged as hard as I could.

"RYDER OPEN THIS FUCKEN DOOR, RIGHT NOW"

Still nothing. I rushed over putting the baby into his crib and with all my might I rammed the door with my shoulder. It didn't budge. I did it three my times till the door cracked from the door frame. I pushed my way in and froze. There she was laying in the bed in one hand a razor blade the other pouring blood as it pooled on the floor. I ran over and frantically shook her screaming her name. My heart beating so fast. She didn't move. I reached to the side of her neck feeling for a pulse, thank god she had one. I grabbed my phone and dialed 911.

"911 do you need police, fire or EMS"

"Ems"

"what is going on sir?"

"I came to meet up with my ex....girlfriend and when I got here she didn't answer so I came in and found her unconscious and bleeding, please send someone NOW!"

"What is the address..."

"1111 Dorchester Way...please hurry"

"What is you name sir?"

"Joe...Joe McIntyre"

"Joe does she have a pulse?"

"Yes..."

"Where the hell are they?"

"paramedics are in road. Where is she bleeding?"

"Her wrist...."

"I need you to grab a clean towel and wrap it up and apply pressure, the ambulance is a minute away."

I jumped from the bed and ran into the bathroom the tears Im not even trying to hide clouding up my vision. I almost lost her once and here I am watching her slip away in front of my eyes. I grabbed a towel and wrapped up her wrist squeezing it to try to stop the bleeding.