Chapter Five

I heard his voice and froze for a moment; I can't even believe I'm here; he is here and only a few feet away. My heart began to slam so hard I could feel it in my ears.

"Ryder...Ry Ry"

I slowly turned around and there he stood. Joey, I like to say that I felt nothing when I see him, but I can't. My heart leapt in my throat the minute my eyes met his. He stood their flannel shirt and Tommy jeans on, with some black Tims. his brown hair now had blond highlights and those blue eyes, the eyes I always got lost in still have the same sparkle.

"Hey...."

"RY RY!"

I feel my body jolt into his arms and for some reason it just felt so good. I instinctively just closed my eyes getting lost in the moment. The moment ended before I knew it, with the sound of their manager saying 3 minutes till show time. He pulled back and took a step back,

"So, Ryder, looks like it's go time for me. Earl is going to bring to your seat, I'll see you after the show right, you're staying?"

"Yeah, I'm staying...."

I watched the smile cross his lips,

"Great I'll see you in a few Ry."

I was rushed off to the risers and Earl brought Ryder to her seat. I only got to see her for a second but just seeing her made my pulse race. It's been such a long year out on the road without her. She been my best friend my entire life and I ended up having to hurt her feeling's so I could follow my dreams. I know I screwed up the way I left, after that I'm thankful she even showed up tonight. For some reason the second I seen her I couldn't help but notice how good she looked in that barely there jean skirt and crop top and heels she had on. I didn't expect to see her come that way, but she looked so good. I looked over at Donnie and all he could do was laugh and shake his head as we made our way onto the riser. Donnie has always insisted I have more feelings for Ryder than I'm willing to admit. The sound of the pyrotechnics going off pulled me from my thoughts just as the riser hit the stage, it's showtime.

I watched Joe and the rest of the guys come from under the stage and the beat dropped. I haven't ever seen him preform after he left, it just stung. As I watch I get what all the girls are going crazy over. They all are talented and good looking. It was close to the end when the stage lights dimmed to a single spotlight and Joey walks out. I just watched him pour his heart out. He walked over to the side of the stage I was standing at, and I see the smile and small wink he shot at me, all the girls around me thinking it was meant for them. As much as I wanted to hate the show and just leave after, I didn't and I'm not. before I knew what hit me the show has ended, and I feel Earl's wrap after my shoulder holding me close getting me through the crowd to backstage.

Backstage was a circus, everyone cheering and celebrating the end of the tour. It seemed like forever it took to make it through the backstage but finally Earl walked me back into the dressing room everyone celebrating. I look over there Joe stood his shirt he was wearing on stage unbuttoned. I just stood there off to the side I didn't know what to do or say. I thought about just sneaking out and going back home, but my feet just didn't want to move. A second later I felt my hand tugged from behind, I spun around quickly there Donnie stood with my wrist still in his hand and that infamous, infectious smile on his face.

"Ryder Lynn, you actually showed"

he said with a laugh,

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I figured if you did show up first thing you do is clock Joe, actually I have money on it, so if you don't mind can you just deck him right quick, I got 50 bucks on it."