Levitating

Erik and Hank are chatting privately

Erik: Hank I have a question

Hank: ask Charles

Erik: I need to ask you

Hank: fine, what do you want Lehnsherr

Erik: Awww come on Hank, what have I done to be on last name terms?

Hank: you really want me to answer that?

Erik: go on

Hank: be a giant dick

Hank: kill thousands of people

Hank: leave Charles paralysed

Erik: ok ok I get it

Erik: now, is Charles gay?

Hank: you're going to have to ask him about that

Erik: do you know if he is gay?

Hank: I don't know, he did have a thing with Moira - the CIA agent - however he never acts straight

Erik: ...

Hank: you're welcome

-----

Erik walked into Charles' office grinning.
"Hey Charles, Logan said you wanted to talk to me."

"Hello Erik, yes I wanted to ask if you would help me with some final repairs on the east side of the school?" Charles asked.

"Yeah sure I'll help you." Erik smiled.

"Excellent."

Charles wheeled himself over to Erik a smile on his lips. Erik smirked before using his powers to levitate Charles' wheelchair off the floor.

"Erik put me down." Shouted Charles.

As he walked through the hallways, Charles floating in front of him, Erik laughed "hmmmet me think about it...no."

Charles glared at him, "please let me down."

"Awww but Charles you know how much you like it when I levitate your wheelchair." Erik smirked.

"I hate it." Charles grumbled.

"Oh shush Charles you know it's faster than having to wait for you to wheel yourself." Erik laughed.

"I suppose you have a point." Charles sighed.

Erik laughed, when they reached the east side of the school he lowered Charles wheelchair to the ground.

"What did you need help with?" Erik asked.

"Could you move those piles of metal into a safer place?" Charles said.

"Of course." Erik grinned.

While Erik worked, Charles stared at him fondly. He could sense the fact that Erik's thoughts had started to rush around like Peter so he asked, "What's in your mind my friend?"

Nervously, Erik looked over at Charles and started "well I just heard a rumour about something that happened while I was in the place for dicks."

"Language Erik. What's this rumour you heard?" Charles asked.

"Were you and Moira ever together?" Erik asked.

Charles laughed loudly "I had forgotten about that rumour, I suppose what happened in Cerebro must have gotten out."

It took Erik a minute before he remembered what Cerebro was. It is a machine that allows Charles to amplify his telepathic abilities so he can look for people all across the globe - it's how they found mutants to join their team.

"You see, back in '62 I began a rumour that I was dating Moira. In '83 I rekindled the rumour of me having a crush on her even though I had wiped her memory of us being together." Charles explained.

"I'm confused, why'd you start the rumour in the first place?" Erik questioned, very confused.

"It's because I'm gay Erik. I started the rumour so people wouldn't suspect me of being gay and then I began the rumour again because I didn't know how people would react to me being gay."

Erik gasped. He felt that that was actually a smart thing to do, especially when you lived in a time of prejudice towards homosexuals.

"That makes sense." Erik stated.

They fell silent for a while. When Erik had finished moving the metal, Charles grinned "thank you Erik that was very kind of you."

"You're welcome Charles." Erik smiled back then put his hands on the back of Charles' wheelchair.

"You know I can push myself." Grumbled Charles.

"I know." Erik grinned before carefully pushing Charles back into the school.