Midnight snack

At the sight of my father in Professor Xavier's office, I ran. I couldn't think of anything else to do. I thought it would be the best idea to avoid him just to prevent any awkwardness.

That plan failed. I was running down to the kitchens to get a midnight snack when I bumped into someone - again.

"I hope you don't make a habit of running into me Peter." Laughed the one person I was avoiding - Erik.

I'm so sorry dad.

"I'm so sorry Erik."

I helped my dad to his feet mumbling endless apologies. He hugged me slightly "it's ok kiddo, now if you don't mind me asking, why'd you run away earlier? Are you scared of me?"

"If course I'm not scared of you." I laughed.

"Why not?" He asked, confused.

Because you're my dad.

"I don't really see why people find you scary." I shrugged.

"You don't see why people find me scary...Peter I murdered thousands of people."

"So." I shrugged again.

My dad was left speachless. I chuckled slightly as he gaped like a fish. Eventually he  murmured "you're really not scared of me?"

"Of course not, on the contrary I'd like to spend more time with you." I whispered.

My dad looked at me and a small smile formed on his lips.

"Come on Peter, let's go get that midnight snack you were so desperate to get." He grinned.

I laughed then we walked towards the kitchen. It was nice to finally be able to talk to my father freely.

"So Peter, tell me about yourself?" Erik stated.

"I live with my mum in her basement and my sister Wanda. Not much to say." I said.

If only he knew the final piece of the puzzle.

"Do you have a dad?"

The dreaded question I had been hoping he wouldn't ask. What do I say "oh yes I'm talking to him right now".

"He left before I was born." I muttered.

"Then evidently he's an arsehole - any person would be lucky to have you as a son."

Erm about that...

"It's fine, he doesn't even know I exist." I sighed.

"Still an arsehole."

I am so glad he can't read minds.

"What about you Erik, do you have a family?" I asked.

"I did, I had a daughter whose name was Mina she would've be 20 this year but she was killed. Now I don't have a family anymore; that's what happens when you're Magneto - your family gets taken from you time and time again." Erik explained.

Damn. I had no idea my dad felt that way.

"You have a family now Erik - you have Charles and the X-Men." I whispered.

Cautiously, I gave my dad a gentle hug.

"Thank you Peter." He stated.

I wish I could tell him but I know I can't, not yet.