Freaking out

I bumped into my dad as I was walking back from my last class of the day.

"Hi Erik!" I called.

I wish I could call him dad.

"Hello Peter." Eric grinned.

"Can I talk to you Erik, I like talking to you?" I asked, desperate to spend some more time with him.

"Sure Peter, let's go outside." Erik grinned.

We walked outside then sat down on a bench next to each other.

"So, um, how was your day today Erik?" I asked nervously.

"It was quite pleasant actually, how was your day today?" Erik smiled.

"It was pretty good. I had history with Logan which is always fun and I love it when I have lessons with Char-Professor Xavier as they are always so interesting. Sometimes I think Mr McCoy hates me because I always break stuff in the science lab but I love science - especially when we get to do chemistry as I can blow things up." I babbled.

Erik chuckled "don't forget to breathe Peter."

I laughed, "it's alright Erik, I'm used to doing things at a...fast pace."

Erik laughed loudly "I suppose that's true, so who's your favourite teacher?"

"Hmmmm well if I don't say Logan he'd kill me however it's probably Charles - he's a great teacher. He's really good at explaining things and his lessons are really interesting." I grinned.

I looked over at Erik and saw that he had a fond expression on his face.

"Yeah that sounds like Charles." He grinned.

I had to try not to laugh - definitely 100% gay.

"Professor X was late to class today, do you know anything about that?" I asked, smirking slightly.

My dad blushed a deep shade of red "no, I don't know what you are talking about." He mumbled.

I laughed loudly. Since I felt nice, I changed the topic and conversationally asked
"So you said you don't like music much?"

"No I don't." Erik responded.

"I think that will change very soon Erik." I chuckled.

I handed him the headphones on my walkman "here put these on."

Cautiously, Erik put the headphones on and I turned on the music. It took about 20 seconds before the lyrics started playing however when they began I grinned madly.

"Sweet dreams are made of this"

I couldn't help but sing along to the music

"Who am I to disagree?

I travel the world and the seven seas

Everybody's lookin for something.

Some of them want to use you.

Some of them want to get used by you.

Some of them want to abuse you.

Some of them want to be abused."

I began singing loudly to the music as I got up and jumped all over the place "SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THESE."

Erik nodded his head in time with the music, smiling slightly.

"I actually really enjoyed that song Peter." Erik grinned as I paused the music.

"Told you you'd love it, it's my favourite song ever. It's called 'Sweet Dreams' and it's by Eurythmics" I grinned.

"I shall have to remember that, thanks son." He chuckled.

I freaked out. He called me son. I ran - I didn't know what else to do. Thank goodness for my mutation as it allowed me to be back in my room in 30 seconds. I sat down on my bed and hid my face in my hands. A tear rolled down my cheek - if only my dad knew the truth. I really wanted to tell him but I still can't shake the fact that he may hate me for it. What do I do?

I decided that I needed to tell someone, I'll message Charles.