Hi dad, how'd you like the surprise?

Opening my eyes felt like a mistake. The bright lights made my vision go hazy. I blinked, allowing my eyes to adjust before trying to sit up. I felt an excruciating pain in my left arm which caused me to let out a groan.

"How are you feeling Mr Maximoff?" A voice asked.

It was the nurse - I don't actually know what she's called.

"Like I was just shot." I deadpanned.

Someone let out a chuckle - it was the Charles. He asked "are you in any pain Peter?"

"Well my arm hurts." I stated.

"Yes that is to be expected, you will have to be in a sling for a few days however it should heal quite nicely." The nurse announced before leaving the room.

"Are you comfortable Charles." I smirked widely at the sight of my dad's head resting on Charles' shoulder.

Charles blushed a deep shade of red and I laughed loudly.

"Oh shush Peter, he doesn't like me like that." Charles mumbled.

"Erm..." I stared at him before laughing louder than ever.

"What's going on." My dad mumbled.

He lifted his head from Charles' shoulder and looked at me. I smirked at him.

"Peter you're awake!" He exclaimed, jumping up and rushing over to me.

He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly. I wrapped one arm around him and gently hugged him back.

"How are you feeling?" My dad asked.

"Like I just got shot." I laughed.

"Don't joke about things like that, you could have been killed." He stated.

"Eh rather me than you." I shrugged.

"Why did you save me?" He asked, "I'm a no good bastard."

"Because...because you're my dad." I mumbled.

"I'm your dad?" Erik whispered.

"Hi dad, how'd you like the surprise." I grinned.

My dad stared at me before tackling me in a hug.

"Best surprise I've ever had." He murmured.

My eyes filled with tears as I held him close.

"You're not alone anymore dad, you have a family." I whispered.

"Thanks...son." he murmured, a tear rolling down his cheek.

"Charles wheel your arse over here and get in the hug - you're family." I called.

Charles chuckled fondly "language Peter."

I rolled my eyes fondly before giving my professor a hug. My dad's cheeks turned a slight shade of pink which made my lips raise in a smirk. When we all pulled away, I asked "Charles, could you give me and my dad some time alone?"

"Of course Peter, I'll be in my office." Charles smiled before wheeling himself out of the room.

"Peter, what is your mother called?" Erik asked curiously.

"Magda." I grinned.

"Magda?" He gasped.

My grin turned into a smirk as I asked "so, you and Charles?"

My dad blushed "it's not like that, I mean I love him, I really love him, I've loved him for 20 years but he doesn't feel the same."

"Well have you spoken to him?" I laughed.

"Well no but." My dad mumbled.

"Go talk to him." I smiled.

"I don't know, I don't want to leave you and I don't want to ruin our friendship." He murmured.

"Dad, I'd happily watch you have your conversation in front of me." I smirked.

"...I'm going to go and talk to him." My announced.

He gently kissed my forehead before turning and walking towards the exit.

"Don't forget to wear protection." I called.

CRASH. My dad had walked into the door. Now he was blushing furiously and mumbling a string of curse words.

"Peter!" My dad squeaked.

I just laughed - it was one of the funniest things I've ever had the joy to witness. Logan will love to hear about this.