Blame

Erik walked into Charles' office and grinned "hope you don't mind me dropping in like this?"

Charles looked up from his marking and grinned "of course not my friend, come in sit down."

Erik walked over and sat down in his normal spot when they played chess. Charles wheeled himself so that he was opposite the German man and asked "how are you my friend?"

"Good thank you Charles, and you?" Erik imquired.

"I'm good as well, I just had a chat with Peter." Charles stated.

"Oh did you, what was it about?" Erik questioned with curiosity.

"Well I don't really know, he was going to tell me something however he got too nervous and backed out. In the end all I learnt was to not let Peter spend too much time with Logan." Charles chuckled.

"Oh really, why's that?" Erik laughed.

"Well he asked if he could have my number in case he needed to speak with me and as I looked around to get a bit of paper he said 'how old are you, you can just input your number into my phone.' then when I told him I was 39 he said 'you're not even 40 and you already dress like an 80 year old man'. Honestly it's bad enough that Logan calls me Wheels." Charles explained.

Erik roared with laughter, "to be fair my friend he does have a point."

Charles shot a friendly glare towards him and hit his chest "oh shush you, if I'm old you must be ancient I mean you are 4 years older than me."

Erik chuckled "yes yes Erik the fossil."

As Charles laughed, Erik couldn't help but think what a lovely sound it was. Shit I need to be careful, he can read my thoughts damn I need to be more careful.

Charles smiled slightly but didn't say anything - he didn't want it to seem as though he was intrusive even though he knew that Erik knew he couldn't help it.

"Peter and I had a chat and a midnight snack last night." Eric smiled.

"Oh really, what did you talk about?" Charles asked curiously.

"Well I asked him about his family - he lives with his mum and sister and his dad left him before he was born." Erik began.

Charles' eyes widened slightly, he had an idea however he wasn't sure if it was real or not.

"Whenever I tried to comfort him about the fact that he never knew his dad, he looked a little awkward. All he said was 'it's fine, he doesn't know I exist anyway'. I felt so bad for the poor boy."

"I can imagine." Charles murmured.

Could it be, I mean it would make a lot of sense? Does he know?

"He then asked him about my family and I told him about Nina." Erik looked down sadly.

"I'm sorry my friend." Charles whispered, placing his hand comfortingly on Erik's arm.

"He kind of reminded me of a woman I used to know, her name is Magda. It must have been 16 or 17 years ago I met her. It was after my wife and daughter were killed and just before I was put in prison for killing the president, even though as you know, I was trying to save him." Erik stared off into space with an unreadable expression on his face.

Charles stared at Erik, before murmuring
"I'm deeply sorry you had to go through that Erik."

"It's fine Charles, even though I was convinced of a crime I didn't commit, deep down I knew that I was being punished for something that I did do - paralysing you." Erik looked at the ground.

"I never blamed you Erik." Charles whispered.

Erik looked up at Charles, a look of shock on his face, "but Cuba...you said you blamed me."

"Erik I was mad at you for leaving, not for paralysing me." Charles chuckled.

"Oh."  Erik mumbled "Thank you for not blaming me Charles."

"It's not a problem my friend, now how about we play a game of chess?" Charles grinned.

"I'll go easy on you." Erik smirked.

"Bring it on Magneto." Charles grinned.

The two then set about to compete in a furious battle of chess.