Chapter 31

[JULIAN]

"We're here," Zeus said, pulling the gear on park. I looked out the passenger window. We were in front of one of the many holiday homes in the estate. We were visiting Zeus' foreign lawyer who flew in during the week. I like the look of the house; it was like a little red and white dollhouse planted on the neatly mowed grass.

"Come on," Zeus said placing his hand on my shoulder. I turned to look at him shaking my head in reply. He looked different today, a lot calmer in his gray long-sleeved top and faded blue jeans. He also had creepers on and his trench coat was handing in the back seat.

I smiled encouragingly at him. Although he seemed calm I could sense a bit of his hidden nervousness. I was about the open the door to leave when I remembered Kelly's text that came in while he was driving.

"Zeus, have you checked Kelly's text?" I asked looking at him from the passenger seat. He was already outside with his back turned to me.

"Err, I'm checking it now," He said, turning to face me. I got out of the car just in time to see the message.

Kelly:

The baby's here, and he's a hand full.

I smiled at the text and the picture that came attached to it. Tamara was on a hospital bed, her lips spread out in a tired smile, and Kelly was seating next to her lying figure cradling their little new inmate of the world all wrapped in a dark blue blanket. Although I could see the obvious tiredness written on their faces, I could also see the affectionate aura they had for their child.

"I'm glad, she was a whole two weeks late," Zeus said referring to Tamara. I smiled not quite over the whole cuteness of the picture.

"We better get going," Zeus said putting off his phone and locking the car. I double-checked by trying to open them before we walked up to the porch, pressing the bell. Well waited a while before the knob turned.

"Zeus you're here."

I visibly tensed at the sight of Louis. What In the world is he doing here?

"Is he in?" Zeus said as I felt him take hold of my hand. I loosened up a bit, a little embraced that I still saw Louis as a rival to an extent.

"He is," Louis said, running a hand through his hair. His hair looked a lot lighter under the sun. I was still staring at him when he turned to me and muttered a small 'hello.' Startled, I just blinked and turned away. Zeus gave my hand a light squeeze. I sighed, a little annoyed before returning Louis' greeting.

"Come in," Louis said, walking into the house as we followed behind him. The front door directly led to the sitting room. Walking towards the peach-colored sofa arrangement I noticed a raised beer pallor just behind.

"You can help yourselves," A voice said startling me. I looked around to find a lean man sitting across from me on a single sitter. He was holding a thin glass of wine, he's blue eyes were set on me, studying.

"Of course," I heard Zeus say, coming from behind me and taking two glasses of wine from the tray on the center table just beneath me. He handed me a glass, urging me to sit down on the long sofa just beside the man.

The room stayed quiet for a while. I watched the blue-eyed man from the corner of my eye as he sipped from his glass; he was holding it oddly between his fingers. From what I saw he didn't look very professional, his long blonde hair almost as long as Zeus's was let down not held together neatly the way I liked it on Zeus. His face was flushed, an indication that he'd been drinking for a while.

"I need you to sign some papers so my law firm can confirm that I am in control of your case," He said lazily setting the now empty glass on the side table beside his sofa. My doubt about the foreign lawyer's English washed away; for someone from France he's English was quite flawless.