Chapter 3

[JULIAN]

"Why?" Linda asked frowning. We were facing each other on the bed in the darkness of our room. The wind chilled the room through the opened gothic-style windows.

"Why? Why can't you stay home?" Linda demanded, her frown growing thicker. Why is she being like this? It's not as if she was staying home with me.

"Linda, please listen to me. I need friends. Male friends. I can't sit around the house while you work. I'm lonely," I admitted.

"Am I not good enough for you? It's selfish of you to say you're lonely," Linda screamed, shaking. No, no you're not. I thought to myself. I made my mouth a straight line to keep it in.

"It's not like that..." I trailed, rubbing my brows with the back of my hand. If I don't want to get Linda mad I need to watch my words.

"You have friends, don't you? Why can't I have friends too?" I asked her as calmly as I could. Her face soon turned into a pool of confusion. I know that face. She doesn't know what to say.

"Fine," she agreed, cuddling up to me. I sighed more out of annoyance than relief. Why does she always have to be so clingy? I wondered, frowning a bit.

At the sound of silent snoring, I gently undid Linda's hands from my waist then rolled on my stomach. I lay there motionless, my mind contemplating a lot of things... okay most of them about Zeus.

"Zeus," I whispered, smiling as I nestled my face into the pillow. Why couldn't I say his name without, you know... I thought as warmth ran up my face again. What is he doing to me? This man, this strange mysterious man.

Zeus. I liked that name. It suited him he seemed confident and strong just like the Greek god. Oh, what am I thinking? I thought, burying my head into the pillow. I didn't take care I was going to leave a hole in it.

Lying on my stomach, I started thinking again, and my face flushed at the image of a particular thought. Okay, I'm not a pervert, it's just... I don't know. What if he... Oh, God. This was such a great position to be under Zeus. I think am turning into a tomato now.

"Zeus," I muttered again, as I sighed into the pillow. My eyes grew wide, and I sat up when Linda shifted beside me.

"Who's Zeus?" She asked, her one question making my blood run cold.

[ZEUS]

"That's all for today," I yawned, stretching on my chair. Staying overtime was hectic. But I had to stay over to conduct money transfers, plus I had to purchase the car for Louis. I smiled at the thought of him. He was so cranky. He was cute when he was cranky. I thought as my smile turned into a full-blown grin. I was scheduled to fly to France on Monday for a conference. I could finally meet him.

"Mr. Darcanius," Amanda called walking into my office her platforms were silent against the fur carpet. I really liked the white fur carpet I recently installed. I know, I know it's not 'office like' but I owned this place so suck my... No! You can't have that you can bite me instead.

 "Yes," I answered tiredly. My speech was stressed and worked up.

"Um, you have a phone call," she said. her voice was a bit shaky.

"Who's it from?" I asked using my hand to straighten out my loose strands my hair was getting annoyingly long but I was too lazy to get it cut.

"From a Julian," she murmured fumbling with the collar of her red blouse, her red waving hair falling over her face nervously. I smiled Amanda acted like this when I got a call from my guy friends, but Julian wasn't a guy friend now, was he?