Chapter 8

[LINDA]

I think Julian's in love. I couldn't miss the way he randomly smiled or gasped, or the way he randomly blushed when he passed the living room as I was watching a chick flick.

I know I said I was going to do something about it but I was kind of happy to see Julian like this. So alive. of course I'm not just going to sit here and watch him fall in love with someone else. Okay, maybe for just a little while, but I promised myself that  I'd do something about this when it started to get slightly out of hand.

I was sipping coffee in the kitchen when Julian busted through its door, smiling and wearing his jacket for a change. Yes, I know about the jacket. It's sad how he could easily underestimate me. I was his wife, it was my job to know. Last one night I found him in a black leather jacket on the living room couch. Or was it when I found him hurrying through the door every morning?

"Why the big smile?" I asked, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Nothing," Julian said, his smile fading. Yeah right. Nothing my ass. I thought, rolling my eyes.

"Nothing? Are you sure?" I asked, raising my brow in question. Julian just looked at me like a deer caught in headlights. My chest tightened in grief. I don't like the fact that I made him feel afraid and act like a child. Who would?

"I'm—I'm going to get some things," Julian said, walking towards the back door with his eyes fixed on the floor. I sighed. This was ridiculous. He has always been bad at lying. Well, at least to me.

"And for..." I trailed, my voice becoming inaudible. I didn't miss how his shoulders slouched. Did he want to cry — was he going to cry? What did he think I was some sort of monster? God, he was the monster. He was the one cheating. He was the one lying. I was just his wife for crying out loud, and I was just doing what wives did. Secure their man.

"I'm going somewhere tomorrow," Julian added, sort of daring me to protest. Even though he was backing me I knew he was knocking his middle fingers together. I knew he was not as relaxed as he tried to make it seem. That was how well I knew him. That's why he should be in love with me and only me. My grip on the coffee cup tightened instinctively.

"Have fun," I managed before getting off the counter, and walking out the kitchen door before I could take my words back. No matter how much I wanted him to love me I couldn't have him hating me. Not long after I heard the back door slam shut.

[JULIAN]

Have fun? I thought in my head about Linda's words as I walked down our driveway. Was she on some kind of happy drug? Did she get something huge like a promotion? I wondered shaking my head. Maybe she was genuinely trying to be nice. I sighed. I wasn't going to let Linda's mood swings get to me or affect me in any way because I was happy — Zeus was back.

Zeus.

I had missed him. I truly had. I smiled as I walked into the supermarket. What is he doing to me? Why did I always feel so happy thinking about him? I wondered as I walked through the stalls checking the shelves ever so often for something I could give to Zeus.

"What would Zeus like?" I murmured to myself as I ran my hand against the smooth shampoo bottles on the shelves. I really know what I was doing here, his hair was already perfect. I sighed at myself. If only I knew what Zeus liked. It was kind of angering to think I didn't still know much about him. It also made me kind of scared... why was I feeling this way for him? Did I mean this much to him? I thought to myself as I walked into the next stall. Looking questioningly at the lined up fringes filled with monster energy drinks, sodas, Ice-creams, and yogurt.

Yogurt. I smiled remembering Zeus' words from the bar.

"I like yogurt on anything."