𝟎𝟎𝟒; gymnast

"HEY,"  Hobie says again, snapping his fingers, Mindy comes out of mind

"HEY," Hobie says again, snapping his fingers, Mindy comes out of mind. "You're at my window," Mindy states, looking him up and down.

His muscles look different, she thinks. What are you thinking, Mindy? Stop.

Nodding slowly, he offers Mindy his hand. She takes it and he directs her out of the window, hand on her lower back. "I gotta teach you, have you decided?"

Mindy looks back, observing the posters on her wall. There's a photo of her and her dad when she was a pre-teen standing back-to-back like Charlie's angels making finger guns.

Tick... tick... tick...

She glances back to Hobie, grinning. "Let's go."

-

"Alright, first lesson," Hobie begins.

They're where they were on Friday: the rooftop. It's kind of becoming their spot.

He comes closer, looking down at Mindy and smirking. Mindy inhales sharply. Quickly, Hobie tosses her over his shoulders. "Never get distracted."

Kicking his chest, Mindy protests, "That wasn't fair." He puts her down carefully and says, "Nothing's fair."

Reaching for his pocket, he takes out two metal devices, Mindy recognises them as the things he shot a web out of the other day. He slides them on her wrists. "Made you web-shooters," he says.

"Am I gonna learn how to use them?" She questions, examining her wrists. "Not today," he replies. "You'll learn better in action."

What that meant, Mindy didn't know, and she was a little concerned. "For now, you have to learn how to use your flash new powers to your advantage."

Mindy has that feeling in her stomach again, the aching feeling that she should be way more dramatic about the fact that she literally has super-powers. But, it feels natural.

-

"Hobie, help me!" Mindy's feet are stuck to the side of a building, she's wearing a Halloween costume mask, and she's petrified.

Pigeons fly past her, and one gets stuck to her hand. "Hobie! This is not what I thought you--"

She winces as the pigeon pecks her. "meant by training," she finishes.

"Remember to relax, like I told you," He replies, watching her from a distance, not phased by the dramatic scene.

Mindy takes a deep breath in... and out. Think of something that makes you happy, she tells herself.

Or someone.

The pigeon is released, squawking happily, Mindy lets out a relieved sign. "OK, now try run across the wall, then jump to the lamp-post, swing off it, then land on the pavement," he instructs.