𝟎𝟏𝟎; takeaways

IN THE LOBBY, the are three about to leave, when Gwen bumps into someone accidently

IN THE LOBBY, the are three about to leave, when Gwen bumps into someone accidently. "Sorry-" She quickly apologises, but smiles when she sees who it is. "Pav!" She exclaims, fist-bumping the boy.

"Gwen!" He greets. "Ignore the freaky lizard behind me, I'm just returning an anomaly, how've you been?"

"Y'know how it is..." Gwen says awkwardly, and Pav nods understandingly. Hobie coughs and asks, "Who's this?"

Pav puts his hand out for Hobie to shake, smiling. "I'm Pavitr Prabhakar." Shaking it, Hobie's grateful that at least one person here isn't so depressing. "Hobie Brown, this is Mindy."

Mindy beams in his direction, shaking his hand too. "Didn't know people here could be so nice, we had a bad first impression," she jokes. Pavitr shrugs, he knows the feeling. "I get it, on my first day I got chased by a lion."

Mindy laughs, and Hobie smiles a little at the sound of it, warmth filling his stomach. "Well, good luck returning that," Gwen says, eyeing up the creature behind him. 

Slobber is dripping off of it's chin, and he grins at her, flashing it's sharp teeth. Gwen looks away quickly. "Yeah, see you around," he says.

"Hey, Pav, if you ever are looking for anyone to do a mission with--"

"I'll be sure to come to you and your boyfriend, good idea!" He happily interrupts, loading the anomaly on a spider-car and jumping on the back. 

"We're not-- never mind," Mindy says, giving up as the car gets further away. Hobie frowns, looking down at Mindy. "You got a thing for him or somethin'?"

"We need to make friends around here, Hobes," she says, confused as to why he cares. "And, plus, we're not dating," she mutters. 

-

EARTH 138.

WHEN THEY get to Hobie's apartment, Gwen gleams at all the posters. "No way, this band is called the Love Pistols in my universe," she jokes. "This is way more of a... out-there name."

Mindy shrugs. "We don't like censorship, but it's easy to get censored here, with the government and all." Her and Gwen sit down on the couch, relaxing into the pillows.

"Oi, I'm gonna order Chinese food, you lot good with that?" Hobie asks, going inside the apartment hallway to use the pay-phone, but keeping the door open. 

"Yeah, that's fine," Mindy and Gwen says in sync, making them laugh. "Look, we're already turning into the same person."

Gwen tucks her lips inwards. She wants to thank them for being so nice and welcoming. For acting like she's family even though she doesn't really belong here, she doesn't know how. 

She does know that something about them makes her want to tell them everything.

-

Music plays faintly in the background from the radio and their cutlery clutters. "This is so good," Gwen exclaims, her mouth full of noodles.