𝟎𝟏𝟐; bathroom sink

SINCE GWEN decided to explore the city some more, Hobie and Mindy are left alone at Hobie's apartment

They're sitting on the couch, watching the news on a very outdated television which still has the fat back, they don't care.

Mindy inches closer towards Hobie. Pain from her gunshot wound, jolts through her body, even though it was supposed to be healed.

"You alright?" Hobie questions, worried, putting his hands on where she's holding it. "Does it still hurt?" he asks, and Mindy nods furiously.

Carefully, he leads her to the bathroom, picking her up and sitting her on the sink.

Awkwardly, he lifts up her shirt, an oversized band-tee he let her borrow, a tiny bit, just so he can see the wound. "Shit, it's re-opened," he says, "wait here."

While Hobie goes to get the first-aid kit, Mindy leans back, her head touching the mirror.

He comes back with some rubbing alcohol and cotton buds. "This is gonna hurt," he warns, before he pours the rubbing alcohol on a cotton bud and presses it against her wound, "but I have to clean it first."

Mindy groans, wriggling a bit, Hobie laughs at her.

"Have some compassion, mate," Mindy says, smirking. He pours more on the cotton bud, doing the same thing. "Ow!" She shouts, abruptly hitting his hand away.

Hobie looks at her in shock. "Aren't you supposed to be Spider-Woman?" he jokes. "Yeah, whatever, just do what you have to-- Ow!" Mindy continues to complain as he cleans the wound.

Finally, he dresses it. He starts with putting a few plasters on it, before wrapping bandage tightly around her waist so that it covers the wound at few times and secures it with a safety pin.

He takes a step back, admiring his work. "I think I did pretty good, considering I don't have that magic spray." Mindy rolls her eyes and says, "We really need to take a first-aid class."

Hobie shrugs, coming closer. "Is it tight enough?" He asks, looking up at her. "Yeah it's fine," she replies, and sits up right so that she's not leaning on anything anymore, looking down at the bandages.

Her eyes flicker to Hobie's. "Thanks," she whispers, gulping at their proximity. "What were you going to tell me earlier?" He prompts, his voice low and raspy.

"I--" she stops her self, and drops their eye contact. He places a hand on her waist, making her look at him again. "Mint," he begs quietly, "just tell me."

Mindy gazes into his brown eyes, which look amber with the dim orange lighting faintly glowing on his face.

Their lips connect.

Butterflies soar around Mindy's stomach as their lips move in unison, shutting their eyes. Hobie comes closer so that he's between her legs, she wraps them around his hips.