𝟎𝟎𝟕; abolish

"GET, UP MINDY," Hobie encourages, shaking her shoulders furiously. Mindy had been passed out in a random alley for two... or was it three days? She didn't remember, or care.

As soon as she opened her eyes, the first thing she saw was her dad. His lifeless body, the blood dripping down his forehead. She shivers, and her vision focused on Hobie.

Mindy was still in her suit from the other day, and had collapsed in the middle of the street in the middle of the night. Someone must've dragged her here. Thank you, London.

It had taken Hobie and Miguel ages to try find her. "Hobie..." she whispers, her voice hoarse from... screaming? She didn't remember anything about that either.

Hobie helps her up, putting his arm around her shoulders. "You're fine, c'mon," he mutters, helping her walk alongside him. Mindy looks over to the figure and stops walking.

"You," she begins. "Mindy--" "No! Where were you? You were supposed to help!"

"Mindy, he couldn't," Hobie sneers, obviously not happy with the reason why. 

The man is leaning on the walls, arms crossed, not really caring nor listening to Mindy's shouts. "Listen, I can explain, just come with us," he clarifies. 

Mindy pauses, then pushes Hobie off of her, backing away. "You're mates with him now," She accuses, betrayal filling her voice. 

"It wasn't his fault, Mindy, it was Kingpin's, and he's gone, I killed him."

He... killed him ? 

Her eyes widen. She takes a few steps towards them. "How can I know to trust him?" Mindy inquires, nodding her head in the direction of Miguel.

"Because he's like us."

-

HOBIE'S APARTMENT. Mindy's grumpily sitting on the couch and Hobie's next to her, bored out of his mind as Miguel explains the story he's heard before.

Mindy finds it hard to comprehend all the of this, or believe it. "You're fibbing," Mindy decides, "you're just another one of Kingpin's men trying to trick us."

Miguel shakes his head, squeezing the bridge of the nose. "Hobie-- I can't, just explain it to her, please." Hobie sits up, turning to look at her. "He's right, I saw it."

"What-- you went without me?" Mindy complains, looking at him in disbelief. "I had to see it myself," he says, "and you just said he was fibbing..."

"Yeah, OK, don't care, I'm leaving."

The girl begins to walks towards the door when Miguel's hand pushes her back. "You're staying."

She goes back to the couch angrily, cursing under her breath. Miguel clears his throat, pretending like he doesn't have super-hearing, and says, "Look, you guys aren't..."