𝟎𝟎𝟓; the suit

IT'S BEEN  2 WEEKS  since Mindy was bit by a radioactive spider. 

It's also the tenth day, which means Hobie's at school. They're eating lunch when Mindy asks the question that's been on her mind. 

"Since I'm like Spider-woman now," she begins, looking up to see Hobie's reaction to her name, he bites his cheek to stop himself from laughing, "are we gonna make a suit or somethin'?"

Hobie looks up at her and grins, "Funny you said that, I've been workin' on something." Reaching into his bag, he pulls out a sketchbook and flicks to a page, he put it down on the table and slides it over to her.

It's like his suit, except-- it isn't really anything like his suit. 

The spider symbol is cut diagonally into two different colour, like ying and yang. One side, the symbol is red, and on the other it's white. 

A white stripe goes from the neck to just under her chest. The rest of the suit is black, but the web-shooters and a kind of belt-like thing laying on the top of her hips are red.

Instead of the long pants that his suit has, it's shorts. The mask's eye outline is red, the pupils are white, and everything else is black. Mindy's wearing red shin pads and long black socks with black and white chucks.

(note: see a/n for photo.)

Mindy grins widely, exclaiming, "This is brilliant!" The bell rings, so they start to pack up their stuff and begin to head to their next classes. Hobie's face becomes hotter at her compliment. 

"Come to my place tonight, and you can try it on." 

Her eyes widen and she give him a side-hug. "Mindy--" 

"Thank you!"

Mindy turns a corner to her class, and Hobie watches her go. He smirks and looks down at the floor, but quickly gets a hold of himself and his face goes blank. He clears his throat and walks in the opposite direction.

-

AFTER SCHOOL.

Nervously, Mindy knocks twice on Hobie's door, rocking back and forwards on her feet. The door opens. "Hello, Spider-woman," he jokes. Mindy walks past him into his apartment. "Shut up, Hobes," she says, embarrassed.

She spots the suit and accessories laying on his couch and gasps, Hobie chuckles. "Stop, where's your bathroom, I can't wait." He points to the door and she rushes in, suit in hand, locking the door behind her.

Meanwhile, Hobie falls down onto his couch, laying horizontally with his legs crossed. His feet tapping to a beat of a song as he waits for her. 

"Oh my days, you are not ready!" Mindy shouts excitedly from behind the door.

He smirks to himself about nothing in particular. His stomach is warm and his face hurts from smiling.

Hobie gets up swiftly when he hears the creek of Mindy opening the door. 

Everything fits her perfectly. He looks her up and down slowly. "Ta-da!" She announces, striking a few poses as a joke. 

Her waist is accentuated by the tightly-hugging suits and her toned legs are on display. Mindy goes over and gives him a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks heaps, Hobie."

Hobie's face is hot, he's grateful for the dim lighting, he'd get shy if Mindy pointed out the way he's looking at her. His eyes look up back into hers. For a moment they're just staring at each other. 

Hobie already has his suit on, so he asks, "Wanna try it out?"

"'Course I do, are you joking?" Mindy says quickly, putting on her mask, Hobie does the same. They walk over to the window, Hobie goes first, then pulls Mindy up by her hand. 

"Let's go," Mindy says to no one in particular, letting out a single blow of air before jumping off and swinging away with Hobie.

-

a/n 

this is the shortest chapter i have written. this is the LAST CHAPTER BEFORE THE TIME JUMP, WHEN WE START SLOWLY GETTING INTO THE MOVIE which is why it's short.

this is only like 600 words, I KNOW. but just TRUST THE PROCESS. The next chapter will be coming out today as well and  wayyyyyyyyy longer.

sorry again

PLS REMEMBER TO VOTE AND FOLLOW AND COMMENT, INTERACTIONS REALLY HELP ME REACH A WIDER AUDIENCE

funfact of this chapter: the easter island heads have bodies

-eustelia

here's a photo of the suit! instead of goggles she has a mask similar to mile's to hide her identity

here's a photo of the suit! instead of goggles she has a mask similar to mile's to hide her identity. i dont know the artist so if you do please let me know! edit: @/maxisdrawing on twitter. or https://brakken-spideyverse.tumblr.com/ 

wordcount: 766 (soz)

----