𝟎𝟏𝟖; he knew

THE FAINT GLOW of red lights up Mindy's features as she blankly waits for Miguel's platform to lower

THE FAINT GLOW of red lights up Mindy's features as she blankly waits for Miguel's platform to lower. When it's finished, he turns around, clenching his jaw. "There has been two canon events disrupted in the past two days." 

Mindy shrugs. "What's that got to do with me?" she questions. "Miles was the one that did it." Miguel rolls his eyes, repeating himself, "Did you hear me say two ?"

Annoyed at the fact that he won't get to the point, Mindy snaps, "Just tell me what you want to tell me and I can go back to Hobie--"

"Right. Hobie," he mutters disapprovingly, Mindy pauses, tilting her head. Her eyes are fill of anticipation and worry. Mostly worry, especially now that he's hinted that Hobie has something to do with this.

"You went to the club," Miguel begins loudly, "you danced with a guy." Mindy is taken aback.

He was spying on me ?

Miguel notices this, but chooses it ignore it. "In every universe with you and Hobie, that guy gives you a job, and you become Hobie's nemesis," he says, a few visuals popping up around the room. 

Staring at them, Mindy watches as she dances with the guy, gets pulled out. She's laughing while they're both in the alley, drunkenly messing with her powers and he hands her a business card. "Hobie disrupted the canon, and pulled you and out instead, and..." 

He motions to a video, shaking his head in disgust. "Miguel! I get it, you don't have to show us kissing you nonce!" Mindy interrupts, awkwardly staring at the video. 

 It disappears almost immediately after her words, Miguel waits for her reaction, but Mindy doesn't know what to say. 

Breaking the silence, Miguel concludes his speech, "When it gets relevant to your universe, it'll begin collapsing. There's only supposed to be 2 Spider-People in your universe for a set amount of time. You have," he pauses, "not that much time to fix it."

Mindy scoffs. "You want me to become Hobie's enemy, willingly? To quit being Spider-Woman?

"It's the only way to save your universe, I understand it must be hard--"

"Wait," Mindy says quickly, looking slowly up at him. "What happens when I become the villain, Miguel? What happens when me and Hobie have to fight?

He pauses, sighing. "I can't tell you that, but I think you know--"

"You can only disrupt a canon event unless you know about it," she interrupts, her brain doing laps.

Miguel wonders where she's going with this, but affirms her words, "Correct, Gwen told him where you were."

She nods slowly. "But, did he know?" She says, her voice shaky, tears forming in her eyes. 

If he knew, he probably just "confessed" to stop me from fighting him and dying because of it. He just didn't want me to die. 

Not out of love...