𝟎𝟐𝟏; night shift

❝you work a nine-to-five,

so i'll take the night shift!

-night shift, lucay dacus

----

MINDY HAS A job interview, so obviously she was dressed in her best clothes. She would prefer that her first full-time and high-paid job wouldn't be being a villain, but it wasn't exactly off-character for her, even the algorithm thought so.

Somehow, she found the business card she was supposed to get in her canon in the purse she brought to the club when she was unpacking. Mindy knew immediately how it got in there, Miguel was truly trying everything in his power to set her story straight again.

 I mean, he did think that they had an agreement, so she couldn't really get angry at him for it.

The building seems normal, Mindy takes a double-take at the address on the card. This doesn't seem right, aren't supervillain lairs supposed to be secret? This is in the middle of the city, on one of the main streets...

In their defence, it was smart. Pedestrians walking by probably just thought: Oh, look, another company for something useless and meaningless. Mindy almost did too, until she walked in and saw the receptionist.

The woman smiled at her creepily, flashing her sharp teeth that she must've killed many with. She's wearing a tight all black suit that screams: I'm to be taken seriously. The thing that put Mindy off the most was the fur on her skin, she tried not to stare too much as the woman approached her.

"You must be Miss McPherson?" The woman asks. Mindy nods cautiously, holding her very full resume tightly to her chest. Obviously, it wasn't full with stuff like, 'waitress', just other casual stuff... like saving the city a couple dozen times.

Maybe it wasn't the best thing to say that she had probably fought against some people who worked for this company. Mindy hands her resume over to her anyway and she gladly takes it, knowing just by her name that Mindy will not need it and leaving it on the desk. 

 "Follow me," the woman instructs with a smile, they begin walking down a hall. The floor is a white marble and all the walls and doors are painted black except for the names on them, which are gold.

A few people give her dirty looks as they pass her, nothing Mindy isn't used to from her enemies. She didn't really expect them to furiously shake her hand and give her a cheesy smile. 

They reach a room with blacked-out windows, the sign on the door reading: Adrian Toomes. Not recognising the name as anyone villain she knows, she happily walks in, fiddling with her hands.