𝟎𝟏𝟓; silence

BING! MINDY'S PHONE lights up, displaying a message from Heather

BING! MINDY'S PHONE lights up, displaying a message from Heather. Still in her towel, Mindy picks up her phone, expecting disappointment. However, she smiles when she reads it.

HEATHER

do u wanna go out 2nite ?

read 8.30pm

FUCK YES.

read 8.30pm

k me and the girls will pick u up in 5 xx

read 8.31pm

Smiling at her phone, Mindy gets out of bed, beginning to get ready.

After she gets changed, her Spider-Woman suit catches her eye. She debates bringing it with furrowed brows. Considering the size of her purse, she eventually decides against it. Looking in the mirror, she admires herself.

Mindy's wearing a short black dress, with a small black purse to match and black heels. Her makeup looks natural: light-coverage foundation, powder, concealer, mascara and lip gloss. It still makes her look good.

Her hair hasn't really changed much, except she styled her curls so they're more defined and silky and did her edges.

Beep beep !

Mindy rushes out the door, grinning wide when she hears the loud rap music Heather's playing out of her car. Getting into the backseat, she greets some of her other friends.

Ashlyn and Mika are there, too, two girls that used to be in her netball team. "It's so good to see you guys, you have no idea how much I needed this!" Mindy yells over the music, having a sip of the beer Mika gave her almost immediately after entering.

"Why, Hobie givin' you shit?" Mika says, laughing. Mindy nods, taking a long sip of her beer, grimacing as it slides down her throat. Staring at her blankly, Mika concludes, "I guess I was right."

Everyone laughs as they speed down the street, with Heather driving.

-

BY THE TIME Hobie's in a semi-decent outfit, it's around 8.45. Gloomily, he turns onto Mindy's street, trying to talk himself into not turning around then and there and giving up on the little speech he prepared in his head.

Gwen tried to convince him to bring flowers, he said no, not wanting to be a cliché. Before he knows it, he's ringing Mindy's doorbell, waiting patiently outside her door, dreading for the look she might give him when he tells her everything.