Chapter 16

Christie Montiero's POV

"What do you think he wants from you?" Alex questionned as he paced the room, worried sick. It's been two days since i have been back, and he hasn't stop worrying. Juliette, Dylan, Alex and I have been in this room for the part hour just watching Alex walk around the room in his  thoughts. 

"Alex, will you please calm down. I told you, I don't know. He said something about wanting power. I don't really know how he can get that from me, maybe he was referring to Juliette." Instantly a growl erupted from Dylan as he pulled Juliette closer to him by the waist as he whispered 'Mine' in the crook of her neck. 

"That's it!" Alex yelled, banging his fists on the table. "You are staying here with me. I need to protect you, and I can't do that frlom your house." 

"What? No. For god sake Alex I can protect myself. I'm a freaking hunter, and I know I couldn't the first two times but I'm ready now. Besides, my parents wouldn't let me. Look, I'll come over everyday but I can't have you trapping me in your house. I have a job to do, a life to live. I can't just be on lockdown for the rest of my life." I pleaded, but that just seemed to make him angrier. Sensing the tension, Julie and Dylan exited the room, leaving me to face a very angry Alex. 

"No. I said no. You shouldn't need to protect yourself. I'm here for that. You are staying here and that's final." He dedmanded coldly.

"No." I replied equally coldly. I walked up to the door, but before I could yank it open I felt a warm part of arms pull me back into a hard chest as he dipped his head down on my neck to inhale my scent. 

"Don't leave me." He said. I could sense the pain in his voice.

"I won't, but I can't stay here ok?" I turned back in his arms to look at him. He looked concerned yet he nodded gently. 

"But, I will come check on you every night, and I will drive you everywhere." Seeing I was nowhere near winning this fight , I gave up. I sighed and nodded to his conditions. 

"Good. Now go get ready." He replied, leaving me confused.

"Ready?" 

"Yeah, go find my sister. I'm taking you somewhere." He said, pushing me in his sister's direction. 

As soon as I got to her room, she pulled me in with an excited squeal and noticed Juliette holding a makeup bag. 

"Ok seriousley, what the hell is going on?" I asked as Hannah pushed me down on a chair.

"You'll see very soon." Hannah said as she started doing my hair and Juliette did my makeup. 

After an hour of torture, the girls finally let me see myself in the mirror and to say I was shocked was an understatement. What they had done to me was mind fucking blowing. My hair was curled and I had smokey eyes, a bit of eye liner and bright red lipstick, yet it didn't look too much. It was perfect. I gasped at my refelction and I felt Hannah squeal behind me in excitement as she clapped her hands.

"Ok, time for the dress." Juliette said, excitedly hurrying over to the closet. When she came back, my jaw had dropped to the floor at the sight of it. 

It was a turqouise and white dress that reached up to mid thigh. It was white and netted from the top and the skirt was turqoise. I stood there for some minutes, just admiring the dress before I felt Hannah push me into the bathroom to change. And when I did, I couldn't reecognise myself. I looked absolutley...amazing. I thanked the girls before they chucked me out to where I assume Alex was waiting for me. 

Arriving the bottom of the stairs, I was stunned when I saw Alex wearing a posh suit, holding roses in his hand. When he saw me, his mouth opened as he watched me emerge from the stairs.