Chapter 27

Alex Paddington's POV

My hands were shaking and I was nervous in every way possible. Even though a few nights ago was the best day of my existence, I still felt like there was a chance she might say no. I didn't want to scare her away, but I had to pop the question. I was ready. I was determined. I was desperate to make her mine in every way possible; werewolf and human. I already made her mine in my world. But not in hers. And I was going to do it tonight. I paced the room waiting for Christie's parents to come down, and Malcomb to arrive. Henry might have raised Christie, but Malcomb was still her father and did watch over her. Alice and Peter were seated on the sofa, waiting for their parents and for me to unravel my reason behind being so nervous.

"Ok seriously, stop with the pacing. You're making me nervous. Oh my god, did you get my sister pregnant? I swear to god, if you did, I will end you" Peter threatened, rising from his seat with a death glare plastered on his face.

"No, it's not that" He nodded suspiciously and walked back to the sofa, sitting beside Alice, who was texting away on her phone.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, making me flinch of nervousness. Alice walked out, answering the door and soon came back with a happy looking Ben attached to her hip.

"Ah, Paddington, good to see you again" He said, extending his hand for me to shake. Giving it a good grip, I shook it, sweat trickling down my back.

A minute later, there was another ring on the doorbell, alerting me that it was time.

Malcomb walked in with his wife, Scarlett on his side. Henry and Julia followed after.

"Hey Alex, what's wrong?" Julia questioned walking to my side. I stiffed, feeling the sweat of my palms stick to my coat.

"Hi, I wanted to ask you all a question regarding Christie."

"What happened? Is she ok?"

"Yes she's fine. Why don't you all sit down" I instructed and they followed. Seating myself in front of the seven faces, I took a deep breath before pulling out the red velvet box from my inside pocket. Their faces widened as they saw the object, causing me to sweat more. "I wanted to ask you all for your permission... to ask Christie to marry me" For a minute, the silence remained in the room as they all stared at my open box, revealing my Infinity Twist Micropavé Diamond Engagement Ring in 14K.

"Yes! Finally!" Alice finally squealed, grabbing everyone's attention as she jumped around.

"You have my total permission" Ben said beside her, getting Alice back on his side.

Malcomb and Scarlett looked at each other before looking at me.

"You have our blessing" They finally said, making me slightly less nervous. I had yet to wait for Julia, Henry and Peter's answer. Henry had a smile on his face whilst Julia looked terrified, making me panic again. I wanted to do this the right way, and I needed everyone's blessing for it. I looked at Julia pleadingly, hoping that somehow it would work. Finally, her face softened, and both of them gave me their best smiles.

"You have our blessing dear" she said, emerging from her seat and embracing me in a hug. I let out a relieved sigh once she did. Now only one person was left: Peter. Looking at Peter, he had a look of sadness on his face.

"Peter?" I asked, jolting him from his thoughts.

"Alex, can I talk to you alone?" he suddenly said, making me worried.

"Yes" I answered before he lead me out of the room into the backyard. We walked for a bit before he came to a stop.

"Do you truly love her?" He said.