Chapter 24

Christie Montiero's POV

"I can't do it."

"Yes, you can."

"No, I can't"

"Yes, you can"

"No, I can't"

"Yes you can"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Ok, I swear to god Christie if you don't get out of this car right now, I'm going to fucking drag you by your ears. Got it?" Juliette yelled, almost bursting my ear drum. I let out an exasperated sigh, nodding and stepping out of the car. For the past few days, I had been debating wether it would be wise to go clear things out with my mother. I had only talked to Alice since the revelation of my fate. Alex and Dylan were at a pack meeting, and everyone else was busy, so Julie insisted on driving me here.

I walked up the front steps, arriving at my white oak doors. Slowly, I brought my hand up and knocked lightly. In less than a second, the door blasted open revealing my mother; and let me just say, she looked terrible. She had dark circles under her eyes, her hair was all around the place, she wore a loose shirt and sweatpants and tears covered her face.

"Mom, what happened?" Instantly, I was pulled into a bone crushing hug. It took me a second to let the feeling sink in but eventually I allowed my arms to hold my sobbing mother in my arms, saying soothing words to her to stop her from crying.

Soon enough I was sitting on the couch, silence conquering the air that we breathed. Before anyone could start talking, my mother started rambling.

"Christie, you have to understand, I didn't tell you because-"

"I know, I know. Geez mom, calm down. Besides, that' not what I'm here for. I just want to know how I cna get my magic back."

They all stared at me in disbelief as I spoke. After a couple minutes of awful silence my brother spoke up.

"Christie, are you sure you want to do that?" I nodded, completley confident of my decision. My mother stood up from her seat, abruptly.

"Very well. Let's go then" I looked at her confused as she started pulling on her jacket and shoes.

"Where are we going?"

"Malcomb's. He's the one who knows how to unlock your magic." I nodded silently and walked over to my mother. She held her hand out and without a second thought, I placed my identical hand in hers.

Before I could understand what was happening , my world started shifting. It felt like a Harry Potter movie, when Ron, Hermoine and Harry transported from a wedding to Shaftesbury Avenue just by holding hands. Although this felt slightly different.

Suddenly, we were standing in front of a huge house. Scratch that, we were standing in front of a mansion. My mother didn't seem that affected as she walked inside, without even knocking. I followed her, quickening my pace since I didn't want to be left behind. She took many turns around the stunning house before we arrived at a black shiny door.

Before she had the chance to knock, the door flung open and on the other side stood a very happy looking Malcomb. A wide smile was plastered on his face as he hugged my mother and apporached me. I hugged him slightly; getting used to his warm embrace. Suddenly, a woman emerged from inside the room, next to Malcomb. She had calm light brown hair and, green eyes. She smiled as she saw me and hugged my mother too.

"Hey Scarlett" I heard my mother say. She replied politley before turning towards me. I looked at her with a curious expression until I realised the possibilty of who it could be. Malcomb's wife.