Chapter One

SOTD- Sure Thing by Miguel and YKWIM by Yot Club

"Coming through!" Alora moved past me with a tray in her hands. The tray consisted of several beers that she wouldn't have been able to carry out with just her hands. I stepped to the side, moving out of the way to offer more space. I wiped down the counter and leaned against it once I finished. A customer came up, practically shouting his order over the loud music. The music pumped into my ears. It was an AC/DC song. Hard Rock was usually the most popular genre at this bar.

I listened carefully for his order, grabbing a glass cup. I scooped ice into the cup, pouring the amber liquid inside. He sat down on the stool and tapped the counter nervously as he waited for me to finish. Once I did, I handed him his drink and gave him his price.

He slapped a twenty on the table and gave me a smile. "Keep the change." He told me. I gave him a head nod and turned around to put the money in the register. My time here was narrowed down to only about an hour. "God, my feet hurt." Alora rushed to me, leaning against me. I gave her a small chuckle. "You'll be fine, we only have an hour left." We worked the same shift and got off at the same time. Which was great for us since we shared a loft.

"How many tips did you get?" She asked me. I shrugged my shoulders saying, "Enough."

She let out a laugh, shaking her head. "They love it when you're friendly and when you're a flirt." She turned around as she leaned against the counter, allowing the smooth wood to support her back. "If I wanted to flirt with my customers, I would've worked at the strip club." I grabbed a beer for another customer. "You have the body for it." She looked me up and down jokingly with a grin on her face. I let out a laugh as I shooed her away.

The same man that ordered the bourbon looked at me nervously. "If you want to order again, you can," I told him. Friday nights were always packed. Loud music blared into the bar and everyone danced to the music they put on. Smoke wafted into the room, translucent smoke moved gracefully high above the light casting into it.

"Uh- yeah. Thanks." He fiddled with the expensive watch on his wrist. "Might want to be careful doing that, it'd end up getting snatched." I warned him. He quickly snapped his watch off, putting it away in his pocket.

"You're not from around here." I pointed out as I filled his cup with ice, reaching for the bourbon. The light reflected perfectly into the amber liquid. "No, I'm not. I just- wanted to get away." He briefly explained. "So you came to Detroit? Wonderful place to get away." I said the last sentence sarcastically.

"Somewhere my father wouldn't think of finding me." He clarified. I looked down at my watch. Only ten minutes left of this shift and Alora and I could go home. "Well, a man like you dressed in all that fancy shit- be careful." I chuckled. "Especially at night," I added.

It was well known that Detroit Michigan wasn't exactly the best place to live. It had been ranked number three in crime. I moved here hoping to get away from the Marines.

Ever since Soap had been KIA'd there wasn't much confirmation to it. The building he was in had been blown up before our very eyes. And when months passed and the hope that he managed to escape quickly vanished, that was our own confirmation. Ghost grew incredibly distant and started getting out of line.

On the final mission, I saw Ghost and we ended up getting split up. He then was MIA. We knew no one took him because we had taken down everyone with Ghost's help. He stole a Jeep and left.

The Marines became too much for me to handle so I left. I remembered saying goodbye to Gaz and Price, hearing that both of them wish me well. It had been a year since Simon was gone and I knew I would never see him again.