Chapter 5. Double Date?

"Wow... You look great!" Cupa said with an impressed smile...
"What about you? Aren't you going to wear anything else?" I asked.
"Well, I prefer my green hoodie and besides... I don't have any other clothes..." Cupa responded...

It was a fine afternoon, Cupa and Eric had prepared for a meet up with Evan and a friend of his... Eric and Cupa took the lift and made their way down to the first floor of their block...

Eric: is that perfume I smell?
Cupa: n-no...
Eric: that's totally you! That smells really nice! What is it?
Cupa: it's just a present I got from someone from The Aether... He was an admirer
Eric: was he your boyfriend at one point?
Cupa: maaaaybe, why do you ask?
Eric: oh nothing really... Man, you really get to places...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Electrified Cupa: since when did we go to The Aether? Wait a minute... Did you lie to Eric on purpose?)
(Cupa: maaaaybe...)
(Electrified Cupa: wow, you actually did use what I taught you... Very good young grasshopper!
(Cupa: oh yeah, I think I have a name for you now!)
(Electrified Cupa: really? What is it?)

(Cupa: When Eric taught me how to use the 'internet', I did a bit of research on a few things... Here, how about I call you 'Aella' which means storm wind...

(Electrified Cupa: sounds good to me... I'll take it!)
(Cupa: ok!)
(Aella: you like this guy right?
(Cupa: u-uhm yeah! As a friend of course...)
(Aella: shut up you kissed him earlier on!)
(Cupa: t-that's n-not true! Y-you forced me to do it!)
(Aella: heh.. Whatever, I only took over for a little bit... Anyways, remember what I told you, try not to chase him, let him chase you!)
(Cupa: what's that even supposed to mean?!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Kold: oooooh burn!)
(Eric: shut up...)
(Kold: it looks like you might have some competition!)
(Eric: I don't think so... It was probably a long time ago... Besides, if she did have boyfriend until now then...
(Kold: then what? You let her go?
(Eric: i-if she's... If she's happy that way then why not? I don't have the right to keep her here...
(Kold: I know you don't, but you do have the right to express your feelings, the only reason you hold it back is because you're afraid...)
(Eric: but I'm not afraid...)
(Kold: yes you are, we both know that because our minds are linked, you're afraid to lose her...)
(Eric: yeah fine you got me I'm afraid... I'm afraid that I care so much that when I one day... When I one day lose her, I'll feel this pain... And no amount of my power can suppress it and no matter what, it will always be there...)
(Kold: look, you don't have to think about losing her... If you don't want to feel pain, then don't lose her! You care about her? Then fight for her sake!)
(Eric:"silence")
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric's eyes had changed into a dark blue, but it wasn't because he felt emotionless, strangely enough, it was because he felt a sadness... This is really new to Eric, his body felt cold as ice, his powers were only activated if his emotions were suppressed, but the sadness had seemed to be another source of his power, was it because he was meant to walk alone? That he was meant to be in grief? His power had seemed to be even greater than before... The temperature in the lift dips as Eric stood there, with his eyes dark blue in sadness, Cupa shivered, her hoodie didn't provide enough insulation against a temperature like this...