Chapter 7. Tip of the iceberg

When the morning came, the only people left awake were Eric and Clyde, they went out to inspect the damage done by the wraiths. What they found were the remains of dead animals and their bloody insides scattered around the village, a gruesome contrast to that bright and glorious morning.

As Eric and Clyde were patrolling around the still quiet village, Clyde chimed in with a rather curious question.

Clyde: aren't you and Cupa supposed to be on a date this morni-

Eric: it's not a date, it's an exploratory hike to the mountain.

Clyde: and it's just the two of you?

Eric: yes... gladly you won't be there to annoy me so much.

Clyde: so it's a date?

Eric: <sighs>

Clyde: well whatever you two plan on doing, bring home a souvenir from the mountain for me.

A single drop of sweat trickled down Eric's forehead as he walked faster by widening his strides which went unnoticed by Clyde. He kept up with Eric, oblivious to his nervousness.

Clyde: I want a-

Eric: souvenir that's gonna be extremely tedious to get and would cause severe physical and mental strain and most likely mutilation and death. No Clyde...

Clyde: oh come on.

Eric: I'll think about it okay? And if I do get you a souvenir, I WILL PICK IT MYSELF.

Clyde: what?! No! You'll just pick a boring souvenir like a rock or something.

Eric: either I pick or I don't get you anything at all.

Clyde: ... Fine...

Eric: now, let's scrape up the remains, and burn them.

Clyde: I don't have a flint and steel though, do you?

Eric: don't need it...

Eric raised his hand up in front of him and it ignited with an intense blue flame.

Eric: I have pyro abilities now remember?

Clyde: oh yeah that's right, those style focus things that Tesla did for us.

Eric: they're more of mutations.

Clyde: what about your Cryo powers? Wouldn't they be negated like Tesla said?

Eric: I don't really feel any weaker...

Clyde: hmm... weird... And unfair... Not only do you have both fire and frost, but you also have a mob ability... Agile spider am I right?

Eric: I wanted to get the teleporter mutation, but no samples were available, what powers do you have by the way?

Clyde: well aside from the frost powers you gave me, I'm using the Accuracy mutation, me being an archer and all.