Chapter 16. The Dream and The Test

Gerrik stared at the notes with a blank expression... He couldn't comprehend what I had written, probably because I wasn't focused when I was making the notes...

Gerrik: Eric... What happened?
Eric: huh?

Gerrik: don't play dumb I know you...

Eric: *sighs*... I... I don't know... I just keep thinking about what happened... When I saw Clynt touch Cupa's hand... I could have sworn I saw something change in Cupa's eyes...

Gerrik: maybe you're still thinking too much about Cupa... I mean.. She already moved houses right? Why can't you just forget about her?

Eric: I don't know... I just suspect something... Cupa wouldn't just ditch people like that... Would she?

Gerrik: dude... That time... You were just extremely depressed... Right now you're just denying the fact... I mean... If she wanted to be with Clynt at that instant he touched her hand, then let her... Girls like that are not worth your time...

Eric: yeah... Maybe you're right... At least she let me know that she was changing houses.. At least she was polite about it...

Gerrik: stop moping... We have to finish this project...

I woke up... Beads of sweat trickled down my face... I had fallen asleep in the cafeteria... I wasn't too worried... After all I did stay up a bit late last night... I sighed, at least it was just a dream... I then stood up and walked towards Evan and Andr's table....

The moment I saw Him... Clynt... Touch Cupa's hand... That one wasn't a dream... I felt... Infuriated... As if I wanted to just beat the ever living crap out of this guy... But I couldn't... I had to control myself... So I backed off... I sat down at Evan and Andr's table... They were both chatting... I sat down there and kept hearing this dirtbag... Flirting... With Cupa... Doesn't he know that's not allowed in school? And why do I care again? What the crap... I should stop meddling with my friends' life...

I sat there for quite sometime now... Andr and Evan were looking at me worried... I put my head down... The bell rang... I didn't get up... I sat there and waited... I was supposed to be waiting for Gerrik... I need to get my mind off of this... I'm just too paranoid these days...

I watched as everyone left the cafeteria... Cupa was surrounded by her friends... Not surprising since she's so cu.... Anyway, Gerrik finally arrived... He brought the remaining materials for the work we needed to go and we headed straight to the science lab... Where Class A and B were having a joint science lesson... Gerrik and I were the only students left... And do you know that feeling when you're about to go into class and everyone is already there? And when you go in it's just super friggin awkward? Yeah... You might know what I mean... We felt that way when we entered... Everyone looked at us and through their eyes I knew they were gonna next talk about us as late comers... Mr Theo, our science teacher gave us a firm warning before we sat down next to a few Class A pupils...

Mr Theo then told all of us to find a partner for the lesson... Gerrik and I immediately looked at each other... For we knew that we were the most effective in terms of teamwork... Mr Theo then told us that he won't be giving any science questions... But rather for today... He would be giving random questions...

How it was going to work is...
Each pair would be given a place to sit... Each seat area had the same distance to the teacher's table... Once Mr Theo gives out the question, we have to then figure it out and write it on a piece of paper... Then pass it to him once we figure it out... The first pair to get it correct gets 3 points... The second pair gets 2 points... And the third and final pair gets 1 point... The remaining pairs will not get any points... First pair to 24 points wins...