Chapter 16

The first night camping out in tents was... weird, to say the least. I was a fairly light sleeper, but this time I had trouble sleeping because of Vic's stupid horror story. I honestly didn't believe in the supernatural, yet every single sound that I heard outside of the tent startled me throughout the night.

Damn Vic and his Mexican ghost.

The weather that day was really nice, so we all decided to head out to the lake for a swim and what not. "Looking hot in those trunks, Kells." I told Kellin as I passed him and playfully slapped him on his rear.

He looked at me with a questioning frown but smiled anyway. He shook his head in amusement as I passed by and I noticed everyone else looking seriously confused. Well- everyone except Vic. He grabbed me by the arm before I reached the water and looked straight into my eyes. "You know, don't you?" He simply asked in a soft whisper.

I giggled softly and nodded. "Oh yes, I know." I confirmed, which made Vic laugh and roll his eyes. I couldn't help it though, ever since Kellin had spilled the beans to me about him being gay, we had grown pretty close... and I just loved fucking with people's heads.

"Race you to the middle." Mike suddenly yelled as he ran past us. Vic began to grin instantly and ran after Mike as if his ass was on fire. They both dove into the water and swam away at high speed. Ugh, boys. It was kinda amusing though.

Meanwhile, Jenna and Austin made themselves... 'comfortable' in the water. Something told me that they didn't get much alone time during or outside of school... or were they simply that much in love? Oh who knows, maybe they were. I wondered what it was like. I wasn't even sure if I ever had been in love at all myself.

Kellin and I made our way to the old creaking dock, sat down on the edge, dangling our legs into the lukewarm water as we stared out over the lake. "Which one are you rooting for?" Kellin then asked me, cocking his head towards the swimming Mike and Vic.

"Oh I'm totally rooting for Mikey. He's the taller one, he'll win for sure." I replied.

Kellin laughed and shook his head. "Don't ever underestimate a challenged Vic Fuentes. Especially when it's by his little brother." He pointed at them and I watched the two closely. 

It wasn't long before they both arrived at the middle of the lake basically at the same time. I could tell by the movements that they made that they were a little tired. But then Vic seemed to say something and suddenly they began to swim back at high speed. "And they'll go at it until one of them wins." Kellin muttered in amusement.

Stubborn. Must be a Fuentes thing.

"Andy, babe, I want to swim!" I heard Juliet whine from somewhere behind me.

I raised an eyebrow and looked around to find them standing between some trees and bushes. "I'm having a smoke." Andy stated with a slight growl. Damn, he looked really annoyed with her.

"Fine, whatever." Juliet muttered, waving her hands in the air as she started walking towards us. I wondered what his deal was.

Andy looked up and frowned as soon as he saw Kellin and me. "Ju wait up, I'll be right there!" He then suddenly said, sounding way more enthusiastic than he did just seconds ago. He threw his cigarette behind him, keeping his eyes on me as he walked up to Juliet and snaked an arm around her waist. "Let's have some fun." He then seductively whispered to her before he kissed her cheek.

She lit up in an instant as she looked at him, but meanwhile Andy's eyes never left my gaze. I frowned questioningly and shook my head at the odd behavior. He really was a weird guy sometimes. I decided to look away and wondered how Mike and Vic were doing with their race, suddenly noticing that they were swimming towards us, Vic in the lead.