How Can You Be Happy?

A version of FGoD Ink travels to a multiverse where his alternate self is happier than him. 

     Other Ink has explored so many AUs, and continues to do so, rather than creating and making copies. 

     Other Ink doesn't have a council setting up meetings he has to attend. Other Ink barely even interacts with AU residents at all, including the Sans or Papyrus! Other Ink doesn't worry about what people think about him. Other Ink doesn't obsess over every AU destroyed by Error. Other Ink doesn't even seem to worry about Error at all! 

      Other Ink's life doesn't revolve around battling Error... 

     And yet... Other Ink is more of a protector than FGoD Ink is. FGoD Ink has always been a creator, even though he would like to think of himself as a hero in his own story. 

     Other Ink is so full of life despite being SOULless. Unlike FGoD Ink, other Ink is not surrounded by others... So why is FGoD Ink the lonely one? 

     FGoD Ink has tried so many things, even trying something with his own Dream, to no avail. So why? Why did another Ink get to be happy? Other Ink didn't need to create more to surround himself to be happy. 

     Other Ink got to have people be there for him, when all FGoD Ink got were followers. FGoD Ink's Dream may have had a crush on him but... He was still a follower, always was. Never asking questions, never doubting. 

     It wasn't even loyalty, it was just trying to please him. Sadly, it was never enough. Other Ink was playful. It could be considered annoying, but he didn't care. FGoD Ink didn't understand. 

     FGoD Ink was looked up to, so he had to keep up the image. Other Ink didn't care. 

     FGoD Ink was... Jealous. He was jealous of this version of him who got to be happy. Jealous of this version of him that wasn't trapped in a relationship he didn't care about, no matter how hard he tried. He was jealous of this version of himself that couldn't be bothered to care about others' opinions. 

     ...The other Ink was the like an idealized version of FGoD Ink that he never knew about. 

     He was tired. He was tired of being angry at his own destroyer. Though, that might have been his own fault for taking the red vial for so many of their fights. 

     He needed to know how another him could find time for himself, how another him could be so happy. He needed to know how another him could have his own identity outside of creating and fighting Error. He needed to know if he had a chance of this for himself. 

    He needed to know if it wasn't too late for him.