How Am I The Problem?

In Donnie's Gifts, Smart Lair, and that episode where Rise Donnie tries to make his brothers more like him there is a sort of theme/goal Donnie is aiming for. Improvement. He tries to improve his brothers and the lair but it goes wonky. So what's their left to improve? He needs to fix things. 

     What if, Donnie turned his efforts onto himself. All of the gifts he gave his brothers ended up destroyed or thrown out and he learned from personal experience making his brothers more like himself was a bad idea, so... Maybe he starts to wonder if he is the problem. Making things/others more like himself or to his own tastes are the common cause of things going wrong, though the original Shelldon model was tampered with by his brothers so that one wasn't his fault. Then again, Shelldon was made to favor Donnie so that probably caused some resentment... 

     Donnie starts to wonder, maybe he should make himself more 'normal'? 

     Cue Donnie finding the gift he made for Leo, digging its remains from the trash and reprogramming it to shock when he misses social cues, rambles too much, or says something wrong. He researches normal social cues and stuff. Then his brothers learn what he's doing and are not happy. 

     Donnie's brothers help him relearn self acceptance and better coping skills.