『 ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ 』

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Omniscient

6 years ago...

16 year old Y/N L/N, sat with her legs crossed on the wooden lunch table as she sucked on the red cherry lollipop that was in her mouth.

She observed her surroundings quietly as her foot tapped the concreted ground repeatedly. Everyone had their own clicks and friends groups, while Y/N sat alone.

Of course, she wasn't lonely nor she didn't have friends. She had Isaiah and Shawn, but would rather sit alone some days. Or whatever they decided to talk her, instead of their athletic ass friends.

Y/N had on her Bluetooth Dr. Dre Beats beige headphones while her tongue ran across the cherry lollipop in her mouth. She was currently listening to modern 90s throwbacks; the same music her mother would play on their Bluetooth speakers when early Sunday mornings came around and it was cleaning day.

Mary J. Blige, Tupac Shakur, Erykah Badu, Floetry, Lauryn Hill, Tevin Campbell, etc.

Moving to America was the biggest shift to Y/N's life. Japan's norm had Y/N's expectations of America pretty high. Two years of being in America, those high expectations disappeared.

The food, culture, music, clothes was right up Y/N's alleyway. Violence will forever be violence, no matter where you go.

However, sometimes Y/N do miss the peaceful nature Japan, had that America doesn't have.

Sometimes, she wishes what her high school life would be like in Japan versus what's it's like now. Sometimes, she thinks about moving back to Japan after she graduates college. But thoughts will always be thoughts.

Y/N was a very smart girl— valedictorian actually— therefore, she will be graduating high school, with her 18 year old brother, at the age of 16. She was accepted with a 4 year full ride scholarship into a college nearby home, along with her brother.

Y/N had no specific aspirations for her life but she knew she was going to be a business owner and entrepreneur. Her excellent academic performance and good reputation was all just fun work compared to what Y/N wanted to do with her life.

She just wanted to live. Breathe a different kind of air other people couldn't breathe. She wanted to be her own person. Nothing her mother could make for herself.

Just Y/N M/N L/N.

Y/n let out a quiet sigh as her eyes wandered around the outdoor lunch area. Jill Scott played lowly in her headphones as she sat still on the hot bench.