Find My Way Back

Genre: BL, slice of life

This short story is inspired by a song called Find My Way Back by Eric Arjes. You can read this while listening to the song.

Characters:

Sean Putra Rahardian and Kim Parama Sutedja (from the story It Could Be Us)

Enjoy reading!

——————————————————————

Sean and Kim are still boyfriends even after almost a decade. No. They almost like husbands because all this time they are living together. They live in a penthouse located in the middle of New York city skyscrapers.

Sean is still at the peak of his career as a general manager at a five-stars hotel meanwhile his boyfriend, Kim is starting his new business which is an Asian Cuisines restaurant. The restaurant becomes a hit.

Sean and Kim, both of them are busy with their own works. They have no quality time for each other. They're just seeing each other at night before sleep and in the morning before they go to work. It's normal. They are not lovey dovey couple anymore because they've been together for so long. They're just being too comfortable with their relationship. Nothing's gonna happen. They trust each other and promise they will take care of each other forever.

But the heart is vulnerable.

Even when they say they are fine with how they are now, but actually deep down in their hearts, they feel lonely. They're tired with their normal and boring life.

It was started when Kim met a new recruit, an intern. He's called Victor. A young man who's just graduated from a prestigious hospitality school. He wants to work as an intern at Kim's restaurant for his resume. Kim accepted Victor as an employee to help in the kitchen. It was Victor's first job. Nobody knows that Victor has his eyes on Kim for a quite a long time, since he was still in school. Victor has already planned to work at Kim's restaurant to be closer to Kim.

"Hi baby. How's the day?" said Sean to Kim when he's coming home. Sean leaned in and give a kiss on Kim's lips as how they do every day.

"As usual. Busy day," said Kim.

"Are you really have no time? I already had a reservation for dinner tomorrow."

"Why didn't you ask me first before making a reservation? I can't go. Tomorrow is Saturday night. I'm very busy." Kim snapped.

Sean gasped because Kim's tone was quite high. It looks like Kim is upset. "I'm sorry I didn't ask you first. But tomorrow is our anniversary."

"Yeah like we never celebrate anniversary every years. We don't need one anymore. At least this year we don't have to go. You know my restaurant is still new. I can't leave it."

Sean goes silent. Then he smiles softly towards his lover. "It's alright, babe. I know. I can cancel the reservation."

"Sorry, Sean."

"Hm."

Sean feels something is different with his boyfriend, but he ignores his negative thoughts. He knows Kim is just busy starting his new business which becomes successful in short period of time. Kim must be exhausted. It's alright, Sean can wait.

But Sean already cleared his schedule for their anniversary day, so Sean takes the initiative to go to Kim's restaurant. Sean already bought a bouquet of white lily flowers and a gift, a watch from Kim's favorite brand to be exact.