3. Ice cream & smiles

"The whole Scream Franchise is better than Halloween and I stand by that!" Ivy argued with her chin up in the air.

"Excuse me" Oliver gasped, pretending to be all offended as he said, "Halloween walked so stupid Scream could run"

"Ha, unlike Laurie Strode" Ivy said, causing Oliver to stick out his tongue, Ivy did the same.

It was later that day and the rain had calmed down just a little bit- nobody was coming to DQ- which, I don't blame them, I mean, who would? It's raining cats and dogs outside! (As my mom would say).

I was wiping off a now vacant table that was close to the front counter as I listened to the two's argument about their favorite horror franchises.

I just rolled my eyes- because this was an everyday occurrence for Ivy and Oliver- who are cousins.

"Can't you guys just agree that both are good?" I turned to them, leaning against the light wood table.

Ivy, with her chestnut brown hair and deep brown eyes, scrunched up the corners of her nose- which made the freckles on her nose scoot up with it, "hell no- Scream is groundbreaking- case closed".

"It's the same thing every movie!" Oliver yelled in protest, "dumb teen girl gets a call-"

"Hey!" Ivy yelled.

"Killer gets all 'I'm gonna gut you' teen gets gutted- and then another group of dumb teens and Sydney Prescott are hunted down by a goofy ass teen Ghostface boy".

"First off" Ivy placed her hands on her hips and did what I like to call the "mom" posture, "it's not always teen boys who kill- it could be anyone! And also, they don't always get gutted and Sydney's barely in the last two movies"

"Exactly!" Oliver said, "Laurie stays true to her blood".

"At least Sydney won't be losing hers" Ivy muttered while folding her arms over her chest.

I shook my head- because that's all you can do whenever Oliver and Ivy get on the topic of Horror movies.

"You know what" Oliver began and turned to me, "Max can settle this".

A smile grew on my face, "no!" I laughed.

"Yes!" Ivy shouted- just enough for the few customers we did have to give us strange looks. An embarrassed blush flushed over my face but Ivy continued, "They even have a cute mixed girl in the fifth one- so you have to like Scream now, Max".

My face flushed red, "shut up" I folded my arms over my chest.

"Whoa" Olivers a eyes widened, "Max likes mixed girls?"

"No!" I said at the same time Ivy said "Max likes any girl!"

"Shut up, I'm not out" I muttered and my eyes drifted, "fully out anyways".

"Boring," Oliver said in a sang song voice.

"Gez, what a good co-worker you are" I replied sarcastically- it was then that the bell sitting on top of the DQ door rang- signaling to us that someone had come in.

Ivy put on her nicest smile as two curly-haired girls walked to the counter.

"Welcome to Dairy Queen, what can I get you, today?" Ivy asked.

"It's not my money so I'm going to buy everything- even this place!" The short one spoke dramatically as the taller girl looked down at her and said, "hell no- don't listen to her".

Ivy laughed- and that's when I realized.

Was that Tabitha? It couldn't have been- but they did have one the same plaid blue skirt and collared white skirts all Summerville students had.