16. Bad News & sad emotions

"W-what?" I stuttered, wide-eyed in disbelief because- this couldn't be happening.

I was right.

Tyler, the only person I've known since forever, only wanted my body.

Now that he got what he wanted- well-

"I'm breaking up with you" he repeated in a more impatient tone.

I stared at him in sheer shock. He was breaking up with me?!

What the hell?

What the hell? Now I was alone.

Saying that I would prefer being alone rather than with Tyler was-

Well- I wasn't being serious, okay?!

But now, I was alone.

My whole life I'd been alone- with only Malaya by my side and now she was growing up.

Malaya had friends- Malaya had a crush who liked her back- and extracurriculars that stretched beyond my wildest dreams- Malaya was perfect.

She was everything I used to be...

The "perfect little mixed girl" with a pretty smile- the poster child if you must.

But as of now, the old poster child, the one who quit piano without her parent's permission and took art lessons instead- the one who once dyed her hair a blonde color in a fit of rage- the one who got a boyfriend they'd hate and snuck out to parties and smoked weed and yelled at them 24/7, was now officially alone.

"After four years" I muttered, "four whole years"- four years of putting up with his shit just for him to break up with me after I put out! I knew that was going to happen.

That asshole, I gave him my virginity for god's sack and it hurt- it fucking hurt!

I smoked weed- did mostly whatever his whiney man-baby ass wanted- made out with girls at parties FOR him not to leave me alone and now this was it-

I was completely alone.

God. My biggest mistake was quitting piano, my biggest mistake was letting Peter Banae take me to the dance in the sixth grade- my biggest mistake was everything I did before this moment.

Except most of it, lead me to meet Max.

And that happened to be the best thing that could've happened to me this year- before for a little while, I was something rather than nothing in the eyes- the very pretty eyes, of someone.

My brows furrowed, "you asshole!"
I yelled, not even caring if half the people here were now staring at me, "You're telling me- you waited four years to take my virginity and then you're dumping me?!" My brows raised and I laughed, "hell no- you know what Tyler- I'm dumping you're shit out the toilet, small dick having ass who by the way-" I made my voice even louder, "can't even last a full minute! Seriously, Tyler can't last 60 seconds guys- that's pathetic!" I flipped him off before quickly walking down the stars of the main building and to my car.

When I was in the comfort of my dark gray seat, I let out a loud scream- a scream that seemed to release all the anger, sadness- and everything in between of the last two months.

"Fuck" I looked up at the roof of my car before sighing, "fuck!" I whispered, "Tabitha what the hell did you just do?" I asked myself.

And what the hell did I just do?
. . .
After a much-needed drive, some pondering in the park, and even some window shopping at a thrift store, I was calmed down enough to go home- so calm in fact, that I didn't plan on making a show about Tyler and I's breakup (like straight girls do), that I drove home.

To my surprise, when I got there- three cars were in the driveway instead of two.

My mom's usual Gray Honda- my Dad's usual Blue Honda- and then, my grandma Fiona's old convertible from the 80s'.

A smile grew across my face. Nobody in this family has never understood me better than my Grandma Fiona- she's been through everything!

She always smells good and has her arms opened to tell me or Malaya a story or give us advice- not to mention, she usually has gifts whether it's food or a souvenir from when she went on Vacation somewhere around the world.

She's amazing.

And we only see her like once a year.

I quickly parked my car on the side of the road before hopping out of my car, all Tylers temporarily forgotten, and almost bolting into the house.

Except, I stopped right in my tracks.

"Honey calm down-" My Mom said softly to Malaya.

"Calm down?" Malaya cried- like, actually cried, shit, what drama had I walked into now?

"My whole life has been a lie- hell so did Tabitha and you're telling me to calm down?!" She yelled.

I stood in the living room doorway and watched what was happening, my eyes widened, what did she mean? What did they tell her that was so heartbreaking that Malaya was crying until her face was a different color?

"Shh it's okay," Grandma Fiona said softly, pulling the hysterical teen into her arms as she sat on the white wicker armchair that was in our living room, "no- no it's not!" Malaya began to cry even harder- making my eyes start to tear at the sight.

"W-what's going on?" I asked, finally making my presence known, Mom spun around- as did Dad- who had his hand over his mouth and blood-red eyes- tears were streaming down his face beforehand- and the sight of me just made it worse- damn- did he think I was that ugly?

"Honey..." Mom said softly.

I hated when she did that- beat around the bush and treated me like a toddler all while doing it, I clenched my fist, "What's going on?" I repeated in a more serious tone.

"Tell her- tell her what you told me right now or so help me, Jesus I'm running away," Malaya said through gritted teeth, Grandma's brows furrowed, "Malaya..."

"I am so serious!" Malaya said towards my parents.

Mom sucked in a breath of air.

"Wait" Dad finally spoke in a raspy voice, walking over to me, next thing I knew, I was seeing pulled into a hug- a tight- tight hug- and I didn't know why...

All I could do was stand there.

What was happening? As I studied the faces of who I had known as my family- as I could do was anxiously wonder- what was happening, over and over again!

Why were they beating around the bush?

Mom sniffled and her eyes filled with tears, "so uhm- I..."

"Tell her" Malaya growled.

"Tabitha" Dad sighed, "I'm not your Dad".
. . .
Okay- uhm, this chapter didn't come out the way I wanted it but hey- at least it came out...

I'm so mad at myself right now- because instead of gushing over Gina Gerson and Jennifer Tilly all fucking day- I could've been editing my chapters 💀

Anyways, what did you think of this chapter- (I think it was pretty mid- sort of dramatic- but - I wrote it *insert Roblox oof noises*).

I sort of hate how poor Tabitha can't catch a break but hey- this is for her own good- the more hurt she is- the closer to Maxine she gets :)- jkkkk
. . .