28. Secrets over SSS Lunch

"Before I could stop her she gave Piper the yogurt and now that bitch is farting like crazy".

"Oh my gosh!" Laney laughed, "I low-key love Madison- don't tell Henry, that little girl is just funny".

I shook my head, "I won't tell him if you don't tell Madison you think she's funny- she wants it too much".

It was the day after Tabitha and I hung out in my room and I was walking to lunch with Laney while telling her about it- except, I sort of left out the part where I flirted with Tabitha three times and failed miserably- and I even did the stupidest thing possible- I told her she was pretty! While she was sober so she remembers!

Every time I think about it, every bone in my body cringes and I wish I could crawl into a hole and hide there forever.

Good thing I suck at flirting, and good thing playing with Tabitha's curls distracted me from the fact that I was being so embarrassing.

"I wish Issac and Evelyn were as interesting as Madison and Henry- all Issac and Evelyn do is gang up on me with their 'twin powers' and tell me I'm too young to do fun things" Laney frowned, "when I'm older, I swear I'm only adopting a girl- no twins".

I raised my brows, "adopting?"

"Nothing is coming out this vagina-"

"Okay- ew, I don't need to imagine that!"

Laney laughed, "What- are you going to have kids?"

Kids- I had never really thought of kids in my near future- I was just going to finish school, move to one of those fancy New York apartments and work at a cafe while going to college- then, maybe- hopefully, get married to my high school sweetheart-

And part of me, is hoping that "sweetheart" is Tabitha...

Nobody else really fit in that blank- but maybe it was because I liked her- maybe, in five more months- anyone else could be in that blank-

Even the person I least expect myself to like.

And anyway, someone like Tabitha needed someone who wasn't me.

Moat people did- because the truth is, I am- as Harmony my ex once said, the most boring girl in the world- among other things- and maybe, just maybe, she's right .

My interest isn't interesting- I barely ever go anywhere, I've never been on a proper date nor do I have cutesy pictures and posters on my wall-

I'm just me-

And me is boring.

I shrugged, "I never really thought about that- but if I had a daughter... I would name her Erica-"

"What if she were a he?"

"Eric, duh" I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I'd name my daughter Libby- I like that, or Lizzy- both sound cute".

The two of us entered the nosy Summerville cafeteria and were immediately slapped in the face by the smell of the school's Spaghetti- which is definitely not their "specialty"- SVA has pretty good food- but when it comes to spaghetti- no- just no.

Their spaghetti is what kids at SVA call the there S's- soggy, salty, and smelly.

"Nope, not eating today" Laney turned away from her path to the lunch like and redirected herself to the circle table her, Layla, Charles- and a few other people I didn't socialize with but hung out with Layla, and now recently (from time to time) Tabitha.

I followed behind her, taking a seat next to her at the table- Laney usually sat next to Layla- or, that's how it's been since the beginning of the year, if Laney couldn't sit next to her, she'd simply sit on Layla's lap and say "friends do shit like this all the time".