7. Day friends & ice cream

One thing I can't stand is making out with Tyler- which is, unfortunately, what we did for an hour before lunch today.

Before he could try and get in my pants- I made the excuse that I was on my period (which was the biggest lie I ever told him).

Fun fact, thanks to me, Tyler thinks females get their period every week.

After making out with Tyler- who conveniently smelled like sweat and cigarettes (his self-made perfume), I went to the upstairs bathroom to fix my smudged lip gloss and straightened my eyeliner- which are about the only makeup-related things I know how to do.

I tried foundation and concealer- along with blush, and I looked like a complete idiot.

So, I stuck to three things- or, technically four when I feel up to it- lip gloss, lipstick (occasionally), eyeliner- and mascara- because I look like an idiot with anything else.

I wish I had a female role model who could teach me things like makeup- someone who wasn't my mom- who would just lecture me and send me away.

Someone who understands.

I have a grandma, yes- but she's the type of grandma to say "oh honey, you're perfect just the way you are"- knowing damn well, I am not.

So I try to be the best older female in Malaya.

The only good thing that came out of today, was seeing Maxine again- even if I didn't think I would've.

This is probably the last time Maxine Parker will want to hang out with me this year.

And I guess I'm okay with that.

Even if she didn't say much- I could tell something was bothering her. Everything seemed to be bothering me.

Lately anyways. Tyler's dumb friends- Tyler's dumb jokes.

Being around Tyler in general. Lately, there's been a voice in the back of my head screaming "leave Tyler" but I just can't listen to it.

Maybe I just needed to embrace my sexuality- bonus if it made my mom and dad mad.

I'm bisexual- and while I don't feel much for Tyler- I could easily get anyone else.

I know I can.

But like I said, maybe Tyler's all I can get- the only person I can't completely fuck up.

I drove into the Dairy Queen drive-thru- and after paying for Maxine and I's ice creams (despite her trying to pay for me) I parked my car in the parking lot and we just sat there in silence-

Eating our ice creams.

"So..." I began, bringing my knees up to my chest in the leather seat, Maxine looked at me, "Ever found out what happened to Layla yesterday or..."

"Yeah," she nodded and looked down at her cookies n' cream before taking another lick of it.

"That's good" I was trying to make small talk but it wasn't exactly working.

I wasn't used to being around non-talkative people.

With Tyler, I was always the quiet one.

Now the roles were reversed. Was I Maxine's Tyler? Did I annoy her? Would she get in trouble for being in close proximity to me? What if Layla saw this- us- and assumed we were friends?

Were Maxine and I friends? I hadn't even asked but I assumed not.

We've barely had a full conversation- why would we even be friends?