28 - Sarah & Maya

After our morning together. Ari and I showered, and he told me there was somewhere he needed to go. We got in my car I had bought since I moved back. I let Ari drive as we pulled up outside a house and I looked at Ari oddly as he just sat, staring at the house.

"Ari?" I questioned.

"Sarah and Maya live here. This is her mom's house." Ari said and I sighed knowing he meant his ex-wife and daughter.

"Ari, you should have come alone. I'm going to wait in the car." I said and Ari shook his head.

"I need you with me. Please Jo?" Ari asked and I nodded slowly unsure of where I would belong in this scenario. Ari got out of the car and then came around and opened my car door. As we walked up to the porch Ari took ahold of my hand. Ari knocked on the door. Once it opened there was an old lady standing there and she looked shocked to see Ari standing there.

"So, you did make it back..." She said matter of factly.

"I did. I was wanting to come and see Maya and Sarah if I could." Ari said and she sighed but then looked at me. "This is Jordan." Ari said and I gave a small smile.

"I see..." the older lady said, and I knew that tone and what she meant. "Come in, I will go get Sarah." She said and we walked inside, and she ushered us to the front sitting room. "Wait here." She said and walked away. I just looked around, I saw a few pictures on the mantel. Most of a little girl and I knew it had to be Maya.

I was pulled from my train of thought when a woman with dark brunette hair came walking into the room. She was average height, skinny frame, gorgeous...this was a bad idea...all of it. She stopped seeing Ari and I saw a small smile creep on her face. She came walking over to Ari and hugged him. He released my hand to hug her back.

"You made it back. Safe and sound." Sarah and Ari half nodded.

"I did. All of us did." Ari said and she nodded.

"You look good Ari." Sarah said and Ari looked at the floor and I could see the blush on his cheek rise. I felt anger rise in me.

"Sarah, listen...I came to see you and Maya and introduce you both to Jordan. My girlfriend." Ari said and Sarah looked at me and I could feel the daggers.

"Girlfriend? You met someone while on the mission?" Sarah asked and Ari nodded.

"I did, it's a long story of how but yes. We met each other and things clicked quickly." Ari said taking my hand.

"So, it's serious?" She asked and Ari nodded.

"It is." Ari said.

"Sarah, I do want to say it's nice to meet you." I said, trying to interject in the uncomfortableness. I extended my hand to shake hers, but she just looked at my hand. I retracted.

"Ari, can I talk to you in private for a minute?" Sarah asked and Ari sighed.

"Yeah, lets go to the kitchen." Ari said and then looked at me. "Give us a minute." He said and I nodded as he kissed my cheek. They walked away and I just started walking around the sitting room looking at things, trying to make myself busy. I saw a picture of a little girl sitting on the table, probably from a year ago, Halloween. She was dressed up like a flight attendant. She was adorable, dark hair like her mother but Ari's ocean blue eyes.

I needed Ari, I didn't care if he was talking to his ex-wife. I was in his life now and I didn't trust her alone with him. I walked in the direction they went and as I entered the kitchen, I saw her lean in and kiss Ari. He accepted but quickly pulled away.

"Sarah no. I told you I'm with someone else, I love someone else." Ari said and then saw me standing there and walked over to me. He leaned in and kissed me. I hated kissing him directly after she did, but I knew new needed something in his brain to replace it. He then stood beside me as he looked down at me then up at Sarah and she sighed.

"I love Jordan. Nothing will change that, she is my soulmate." Ari said and Sarah looked between us. She just slightly nodded.

"I see it. The look of love you have for her, I haven't seen you give me that look in a long time. We lost that love, I'm sorry I tried to take it away from you again." Sarah said and then looked at me. "You have a good one here. Don't be like me, don't let him go." Sarah said and I smiled and then look at Ari.

"I don't plan on it." I said and he kissed my cheek.

Before anything else could be said we heard feet running down the stairs.

"Mom must have told her." Sarah said and Ari nodded but smiled. He turned in enough time to pick up a little girl who was about 6 or 7 running at Ari.

"Dad!" She screamed as she wrapped her arms around his neck and didn't let go. Ari wasn't letting go either.

"Can we go outside?" Ari asked Sarah and she nodded. He looked at me as we headed out to the front porch together. Once we were outside, I sat off to the side and just let Ari have time with Maya alone. I smiled seeing them together. After a little bit of time on their own Ari looked at me and invited me over closer to them and I walked over and sat next to Ari.

"Maya, this is Jordan. Jordan and I are dating." Ari said and she looked at me and I smiled.

"Hi." She said shyly.

"Hi Maya, nice to meet you. I've heard so much about you." I said.

Nights together with Ari in bed at the resort when we couldn't sleep were spent talking about families and he always talked about Maya.

"Nice to meet you too. You're pretty." She said and I smiled at her.

"So are you." I said and she smiled.

We all sat around talking about what Maya had been doing since Ari was gone and she then ran inside and brought down tons of pictures she colored for him. She then handed me a flower made from construction paper.

"This is for you. I love making these flowers." She said and I smiled.

"Maya, this is amazing. Thank you so much." I said and she shook her head. I held it against my chest, and I smiled as she hugged me. I looked at Ari as I accepted the hug and he smiled at me. He was so happy to see this. All aspects of his life were falling into place and that was all he ever wanted.