12 - Love Story

We were all out by the bonfire and I was cuddled into Ari's side, and we were just enjoying talking to everyone.

"So, Dove, how did you and Guy meet? I always love meet up stories." The one guest asked, and I sighed looking up at Ari and he looked panicked.

"Actually, Liam introduced us." I said and pointed at Sammy. He seemed a little shocked.

"That's right, I did." Sammy said.

"Yeah, Liam and I were good friends and he kept telling me about this friend of his Guy Thomas. I was not one to like being set up and Liam knew that." I said and everyone gave a small laugh.

"But he didn't listen and told us both to meet him at a restaurant same time, same day so we ended up there together waiting on Liam who never showed." Ari said and I smiled.

"And the rest is history, I guess. We got married a year later." I said.

"Then the opportunity came to open the resort and we thought why not an extended honeymoon and work together." Ari said and I smiled. He leaned down and me and gave me a kiss. Once we broke apart, I caught Sammy watching us and then he looked down.

"You guys are possibly the sweetest couple ever." The guest asked and I smiled.

"We try." I said and we all laughed. Everyone else continued their conversations and Ari looked down at me.

"Take a walk with me?" Ari asked and I nodded. He got up then helped me up. He took my hand as we walked down the beach that was lined with tiki torches.

"That was some quick thinking back there." Ari said and I sighed.

"It's part of the job although I don't think Sammy is happy to be a part of our "love story". Maybe I shouldn't have used him." I said and Ari shrugged.

"You need to get over upsetting him, Jordan. He left you to suffer, he never came back or had anyone check on you and then moved on to your sister. This isn't on you." Ari said and I half nodded. "I got thinking about what Angela said earlier..." Ari said, and I looked at him as he stopped walking.

"What about?" I questioned.

"The rings." Ari said and I sighed.

"Ari, it's okay." I said and he shook his head.

"No, it's not you need a ring to make this believable." Ari said and he pulled a small little trinket box from his shorts pocket.

"Ari..." I said and he got down on one knee. I just laughed at him.

"So might be a little late on this but... Dove Kirkland, Jordan Scofield...will you be my pretend wife?" Ari asked and opened the box and I just nodded.

"Of course, I will Guy Thomas, Ari Levinson." I said and he smiled and slipped the ring on my finger. We both seemed a little shocked it was a perfect fit. I smiled down looking at the silver band on my finger and noticed the beautiful, detailed etching of flowers and vines.

"Where did you get this?" I asked as he took my hand, and we walked back to the bonfire

"It was my mothers, my real mothers...only thing I had left of hers." Ari said and I stopped him from walking and made him look at me.

"Ari, I can't accept this. If something were to happen to it..." I said and he shook his head as I tried to take it off.

"Jo, stop. I want you to wear it. It should be worn and not in a box like it has been. It looks amazing on you any way." Ari said lifting my left hand to his mouth and kissed my finger where the ring was. He then leaned in and kissed me.

"We aren't near anyone Ari." I said once we broke apart.

"Who said I'm just kissing you for show?" Ari said and I smiled but blushed. Ari placed a hand on my cheek. "Jo, I know the marriage is fake but maybe we don't have to be." Ari said.

"Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" I asked and Ari nodded.

"I am..." Ari said, and I placed my arms around his neck and his went around my waist.

"Fake marriage, real relationship." I said and Ari smiled and leaned his forehead against mine. We heard someone playing soft music on the guitar by the bonfire and Ari started swaying side to side while holding me and I smiled. I pulled my forehead from his and placed my arms around his midsection, placing my head on his chest. He rested his head on top of mine. Once we were done swaying Ari lifted his head and I looked at him.

"Ready for bed?" Ari asked and I nodded as I noticed how heavy my eyes were. We walked back to the bonfire.

"We are heading to bed, good night, guys." I said as everyone said their good nights.

We walked inside and I stopped.

"I have to go in my room and get my pajamas, but I think I should be honest about how I sleep since it's so hot here." I said and Ari looked at me.

"Okay..."

"I sleep in skimpy pajamas."

Ari gave a slight groan, but I didn't hear him.

"Well, this is awkward because I sleep nude." Ari said and I moaned.

"Do you think for the time being you could sleep in shorts or something?" I asked and he smiled and nodded.

"Of course, I can." Ari said and kissed the tip of my nose.

"I'm going to go get my clothes." I said and walked into the bedroom. I decided to change in my old room and grab my own pillow. As I walked out of the bedroom Sammy was standing at his doorway across the hall. He saw my pajamas.

"Where are you going dressed like that?" Sammy asked

"To bed." I said pointing to Ari's door.

"You're sleeping in his room?!" Sammy asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, we have to play married." I said and Sammy noticed the ring.

"His moms ring...wow." Sammy said and I sighed.

"Sammy, don't do this." I said annoyed.

"Why did you have to bring me on the meeting him story?" Sammy asked.

"I had to think of something! That's all I could think of." I said and Sammy just groaned.

"Whatever." Sammy said and walked into his room. I walked into Ari's bed and he was getting into bed and he saw my pajama's and I heard his groan.

"I'm sorry I didn't plan on this happening." I said and he laughed and shook his head.

"It's fine." Ari said and I got in bed and then looked at Ari. I rolled to face Ari and he smiled.

"If you want, I can put a barrier of pillows between us...if that would make you more comfortable." Ari suggested and I shook my head.

"No, it's okay. It's really not needed and will be uncomfortable." I said and Ari nodded. He leaned in giving me a small kiss.

"Good night, Jo." Ari whispered as we barely broke apart.

"Good night, Ari." I said and closed my eyes while I stared into his.