HM35

ELISE OLIVIA SALVADOR

"Elise, make yourself presentable, can you please dress nice? Nakakahiya kung parang tinatamad kang umupo sa harapan nila." My mom inquired while putting a pressure on me using her dagger looks.

I shrugged. "It's not like this is the first time that I got into a arrange marriage."

The issue between Kurt and I has already been fixed, thankfully he managed to have a talk with his parents which they already gladly accepted. Sana all diba, tanggap ng sariling magulang. So, with that I will give my full support on him. It took us years to fix and convince them kaya I'm really happy that he will be happy now and can show who he really is.

Hindi na siya nag tatago, hindi katulad ko. Now that I got a glimpse of my past life, it felt like my whole life was just some plain hide and seek game. Just like a kid, who still begs for the attention of her own parents.

"Elise." He warned. "Remember, be elegant and have some manners."

I scoffed at him in disbelief. "Coming from you."

"Elise!" He raised his voice, he slapped his hand above the table causing the entire plate to make a noise. "Kung gusto mo pa matanggap sa pamilya na to, do whatever we want. Wag mo ko kaming papahiyain. This family is one of the biggest competitor in the marketing industry, kapag hindi ka umayos. Tayo ang mapapahiya!"

"Then why would I be the one to get married? Bakit hindi nalang ikaw?" Pabalang kong sagot sakanya.

"Oh my God, Elise! Your words! Kailan ka pa natutong hindi rumespeto sa daddy mo ha? Is this what you learned from those old school friends of yours?!"

My fist clenched against the fork and knife that I'm holding, my breath became unstable as I'm trying to calm myself down not to make anymore physical interaction towards my parents. I don't want to hurt them, knowing that I already been diagnosed with a mental condition.

They don't even know it, as if they care.

When they knew about my bullying incident during elementary and my high school days, they didn't even bother showing up inside the principal office just to protect and at least be worry at me. Instead, they dumped it on me; saying na I should just been be careful on what I eat, how would I even know that kind of manner in such a young age?

How would I know that I was being called out as a pig? How would I know that protecting myself against those spoiled brat kids is wrong?

I was just a young kid too back then, how would I even know everything?

"I learned it from you, mom and dad. Remember, kayo ang dahilan why I became like this!"

"Your outcome as an adult wasn't our fault, Elise. It was your choice to begin with! Kung hindi ka ba naman tanga-tanga sa decision mo sa pag gamit ng drugs edi sana hindi to mangyayare! Remember your issue almost made the company went bankrupt, we saved you despite the fact that I hate you as my daughter." My dad screamed at me in anger.

"I was a young teenager when you force me into the adulthood dad!" I fought back, my mom gasped in horror. This is the first time that she saw me being this mad. "15 years old palang ako nung pinipilit mo na ako mag pakasal sa iba, and you're telling me that this is my fault? For fuck sake, yes it was partly my fault pero if I had received a good parent guidance from you and mom this wouldn't happened in the first place!"

"Tama na!" My mom interfered.

Great, ang saya diba? Lahat kami nag sisigawan. Pagod na pagod na ako. Pagod na kung pano namin ipakita sa iba na we are a perfect family. Pagod na ako magpanggap na I'm the greatest perfect daughter of this stupid wealthy clan. Ganito rin naman ang nangyare noon kay Regina, pero bakit parang sakin lahat ang bagsak ng pagod at pait ng mundo?