HM36

NOTE: Elise's point of view contains both moments during Exception and Hate Me Until You Can't, so for you to avoid getting spoiled and confused - you should have been able to read the Book 2 first.

ADDITION: THERE ARE SOME SCENES HERE THAT WEREN'T MENTION DURING SYLVIA'S POV IN THE EARLY CHAPTERS.

...

ELISE OLIVIA SALVADOR

"How's your relationship with Sylvia, Elise? Are you being a good fiancee? Make sure that you are, we don't want to disappoint them."

I took a pause from eating when I heard the question of my dad. It has been weeks since they announced our engagement, but I just couldn't accept it easily. Because I'm still having a hard time to accept the reality that I had with Portia.

Because I knew that what I felt for her was real, but our story just felt short in a wrong time.

And I was hoping maybe, in the other universe, maybe...maybe we could be real. Maybe we could be happy as a family with our own children. I did hate it at first, having a thought of kid because my childhood was snatched away from me by my own parents, and I don't know if I can be a great mother.

But with her, I was willing to bet everything that I had even if it means to sacrifice my own future.

"It's fine, dad." Tipid kong sagot sakanya nang hindi tumitingin.

"That kid is too talented Elise tapos matalino pa magpatakbo ng negosyo, no wonder dugong Lawson at Acozta nga talaga siya." My dad chuckled, he's getting too satisfied with this.

"Yeah, she is." I agreed, it was the truth anyways kahit ang attitude niya.

And I am also trying to forget the other one.

No there was no other one in the first place, in fact I already did. It was just hard for me to swallow since I always get whatever I want since I was a kid. And this time, I lost for real, I lost a diamond, I lost her.

"Kompleto na ba ang gamit niyo sa condo?" Dad asked while raising his brow.

"Yes." I flatly replied, nawalan na ako ng gana kaya maingat kong binaba ang hawak ko. "No need for you to buy us something."

I don't need it, and I am sure that I'm not going to use it in the first place. Besides, I already have Sylvia with me. I don't need them, I don't need anyone, it's all her that matters to me right now. I may argue with her always, but I can't seem to last a day without fighting with her. Though, I'm not saying that it became a toxic habit of mine, even if it does seem that it look like that. But, I don't know...I'm just comfortable with her.

Because with Sylvia, I can be who I am. I can be mad, I can be sad, I'm allowed to be imperfect, I'm allowed to show how pissed off I am, I'm allowed to show my emotions... And I may not be not perfect within her eyes yet I feel complete whenever I'm with her. She makes me feel that I'm always valid.

Sylvia...is just Sylvia.

"She wants me to accept her offer, instead na ikaw, sakanya nalang ako daw dapat ma-engaged." She replied, then looked away.

My lips clamped together, trying to contain my emotions. "Why you didn't accept that? You could have got away with this."

You had the chance Sylvia to get away from someone like me, you had the chance to get rid of me, why didn't you leave?