4. Oh Edward! The Price you pay..

Edward

Edward.. Yeah.. that's my name. like the vampire from Twilight.. It was a coincidence for I was already born by that time and in school, yes, I did have the good looks and charm. I was born in Boston, Massachusetts, USA and my parents still live there.

But, I hustled and made my way into Hollywood from small time model to acting, I worked my way with sheer hard work and dedication. However, I still wasn't happy for I lost the love of my life.. No she never left me, she was always with me, supporting me through the journey and she always believed I would be the star I am now even when I had nothing.

My parents have always been decent, both teachers in school, my mother was an English teacher to primary kids while my father taught Maths to high school students. Both despite being teachers were always wonderful to me.

I was an only child for my mom was already dealing with too many kids in her work, my parents decided one child is enough, but their love is deep and pure. They were the reason I believed in true love and I found mine in my high school. We were meant to be together. Edward and Elena. E+E.

Elena has been in my school since kindergarten, but I started noticing her from middle school and finally, by high school, I asked her out and she said yes.. She was my first and only love..

After, high school, while I decided to pursue acting and started taking classes while hustling for work, Elena wanted to become a teacher like my parents. So, she decided to go to college near LA where I was going to go to become an actor.

I was signed by AM modelling agency straight out of high school. I was a model for big brands and slowly made my way into acting. Elena was so supportive of me. We both lived in a tiny 1 bedroom apartment.

Once I made it, I thought I would propose to her. And after 3 years of struggle, finally when I was 22, I got my big role. A romantic role in a big production. I had taken flowers and bought a ring with the advance I received for my love Elena.

Elena was my forever. We would be engaged, and eventually marry after success in my films.. that was the plan.

But God, fate or destiny or universe, whatever you call it, didn't think so. Elena had met a terrible accident while on the way back that fateful day and she went into a coma and I held her hand and even went to church to pray for her, but nothing saved her. After a week of being in a coma, she passed away. I went into depression, and ever since have been into therapy.

I don't think any amount of therapy can heal me.. It's been more than 7 years, I have been to the best of therapists who tried to heal me with their words or their inspirational stories or whatever.. I have part of groups, nothing worked.

So, the only thing I do is work, work and work. My first film was a success and later, I landed many roles, so work was the only way to be sane for me, else I would end up chugging a bottle of alcohol to down the pain and I can't do that to my parents who love me so much.

Elena's mom was a receptionist at a dental clinic and her father was a pharmacist. She had a younger brother who's now a coach in our old school. I am still in touch with him. I meet them all whenever I do find the time..

Currently I am dating Sylvie, my costar in the latest action film I have been working on. I have dated 2-3 co stars after about a year since I lost Elena, but none of them were serious.. that too those women were good to me. They helped me get back to myself slowly.

On my therapist's advice, I did date. But none of them worked for I couldn't give them time and also I was pretty clear that I was not looking for relationship. So, they just used me to get their fame, while I was trying to be a normal person who dates and has sex.

After, Elena I became. a monk, everyone was worried about me. So, after I got a little social , my parents and everyone became a little relaxed, but they are all still worried for me. For, I don't open my heart to anyone.

My therapist Max was moving to Spain for he found the love of his life there at 50. So, here I was at "Life goes on" therapy centre, the largest one here in SF. It's closer to LA where I live so once a week, I don't mind coming here, for my therapist Max highly recommended her. Apparently, Sophie was his student in University and he really adores her.

Then, as soon as I walked in, I was ushered into a special section for I didn't want to be recognised here. Therapy is time for me.. where in I don't need to greet people and do the usual greet and signing. So, my assistant always makes sure I am taken to a private room and hold conversations there without any disturbance from others and also my timings are a but odd, yet Max would always accommodate me.

I was on my phone when I saw her walk in. I thought my therapist like all others would be old, but here she was, a young confident pretty lady who walked towards me and said "Hi, I am Sophie, I would be taking up your case from now on. I have heard a lot about you from Max. "

"Hi, Sophie, I am Edward.. I act for a living. And.. " I trailed off, not knowing what to say..

"Relax, Edward I do know who you are.. I have watched some of your movies, they are great.." she said..

I was thrilled to know that.. "So, shall we begin. please make yourself comfortable.. Edward.." she said.

Oh boy.. I hope she's good as Max told. I went to a lot of therapists and met Max after 2 years of many others. Ever since then, for last 6 years, Max had been my constant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A/N: What do you think of Edward.. will he be comfortable with Sophie??