15. Alessandro is not happy

Alessandro 

The whole point of me getting Jane in front of Sophie was for her to move on.. I see a lot of pain on her face, all because of me. Though she told me she understood the situation I was in and all that, for some reason, knowing Soph, I knew.. she isn't the same girl I met.. 

There was a spark in her and her eyes used to light up when she smiled, now they seem so dull..

I could see Soph and Leo leave their dinner and then I told Jane, we should go. All through the evening, she was yapping something continuously while I pretended to listen and responded to her too, but my eyes and my mind were all on Soph. 

After dinner, I dropped Jane home and went to the hotel and completed a few meetings at the hotel and afterwards, while I was returning home, I saw Leo at the bar.. 

"Hey Leo, my man.." I called out to him..

"Hey.." he said.

"How did the date with Sophie go? " I asked him. 

"Fine.. guess she's still not over whosoever broke her heart.. she asked me for 6 months time, she said she will try, if she doesn't, she wants me to go ahead and date others.. I don't know what to make out of it.." Leo said.

"Things will soon get better for you Leo" I told him determined. 

I called for an assistant and asked him to take Leo home.. 

"Go home Leo.. " I told him.. He was wasted. 

I wanted to hurt myself.. for I am the reason Soph's so broken.. though she doesn't show.. 

I have to meet her.. I have to think of something.. she is so closed off.. to the world. This was not the Soph I knew.. The Soph I knew was so happy, vivacious. 

I checked for her number.. I messaged her.. 

"Hi Sophie, I wanted to meet you.. "  I messaged her.

"I am busy tomorrow, day after and forever" came the reply shortly. 

I checked the time. It was 2am. She usually used to be fast asleep by 12am. 

"What are you doing Soph.. Can I atleast call you or shall I come over now? I just need to meet you once.. " I messaged her..

"Jane would not like her husband chatting with someone or showing up at someone else's place in the night I am sure. Goodnight. " Sophie replied. 

I decided to drive to her place and take the risk.. 

Once I reached Sophie's home, I knew she was living with her parents after I left. I was standing at the gates of her mansion. The security guys were looking at me varily. 

I called her, she didn't pick. I messaged her saying "Soph.. I am outside your gate.. " 

She saw it and nothing.. then after waiting like a fool for 15mins, I decided to leave instead of making a fool of myself which I already am sure I have. 

I see a car come out of their gates, I soon feel happy to see Sophie driving and coming out.. 

The security seemed to have a word with her and then she comes to my car and gets down and says "Follow me, let's park your car there and then you are coming in my car.. with me..  to my place.. I am not talking on the roads or in a car with you." she said firmly. 

I decided to listen to her and not argue for she was giving me time.. 

After parking my car in some paid parking lot nearby, I hopped into her car and we rode into her parents' mansion. 

She parked her car and then unlocked  a small door on the side entrance and once we were in, she locked it.. 

My heart was thudding.. in excitement and once I was just reminded of our old times, during our initial courtship days, how she used to hide from her parents.. anyway, now there is no point in thinking about all these..

She took my hand and it was impossible to not feel the spark, the electricity in us when our fingers met.. 

She took me to her room and I just couldn't stop myself anymore, I took the lead, closed her door, locked it and pulled her wrist, tugged her towards me and put my lips on hers.

At first, she was shocked, then after few seconds, she started moving her lips and I felt I was breathing and living after a long time.. I felt alive.. 

And as per my usual habit with her, my hand slid into her tee, she was in her night shorts and tee.. and once I touched her chest, she let out a moan, and I just couldn't control myself further, until I remembered.. what the heck I came for and what am I doing here to her.. 

I stopped first and put some distance in between us.. We both were breathing as if we had run a marathon.. 

"Fuck," I mumbled lowly.. I made things worse by coming here.. 

Sophie was not looking at me, she was looking at her floor as if it was the most interesting thing she ever saw  in her life and then she went and sat on her bed.

"Sophie.. I am sorry, I got carried away. I didn't mean to hurt you and it's not like I didn't enjoy it.. I always enjoy everything with you.. but now I shouldn't.. as I said earlier, I am married to the daughter of a very powerful person, I can't put your life in risk.. I can't.. that is exactly why I never contacted you after I left." I told her truthfully.

"Soph.. tonight I came to convince you to give Leo a genuine chance for he is a very good guy.. and I ended up kissing you.. I shouldn't have come back to US.. Not that I regret kissing you, but it is like a drug.. I am addicted to. I have tried to make my mind and heart understand that our worlds are different and to keep you safe, I need to stay away from you.. Soph.. hope you forgive me.. " I trailed off..

Soph seemed deep in thought.. 

"Soph.. " I called her..

"Hmm.. " she said..

"Today, somehow I managed to give off to my bodyguards and everyone and came here.. I may not be able to meet you after today. I just wish you the best of luck and wish you a wonderful life Soph.. though I would be jealous of Leo or anyone you choose, I wish you and the person you choose the best.. I really do wish the best for you always Soph.. " I told her genuinely..