19. Alessandro and Soph

Alessandro

The minute I saw Soph in her pj's looking fresh and so adorable, I couldn't help it but be transported back into the times she was mine.. I had to be tough.. I know how I broke her..

If I could have chosen another ending for us, I would've, but it's all water under bridge now.. I hurt her way too much and now I have Jane and the whole empire.. now with her dad gone, it frees me to be with whosoever I choose but I need to get this one guy down and also this mafia thing is too dangerous.. so much so that though I am tempted to make Sophie mine again.. but I can't and won't for it's my mate Leo she is moving on with.. 

F*** I am jealous as hell.. but I have no right to be.. 

Now I need to focus on the task at hand and eliminate the threat and get all other small players on my side.. 

I was trying to eat calmly and leave but my personal guard came with juice and Soph looked up and met my eyes.. 

Then she immediately turned away from me and started looking for something, she was not finding it.. I decided to help her and asked my guard to retire for the night, he left without arguing for he worked for me and not my late father in law. 

I went to Soph and gave her some juice which I had, she looked at me "Shall I fix you a sandwich?" I enquired.

"Where are the ingredients, I can't find anything" she said. 

I took them out from the hidden pantry door and fixed a sandwich for her and gave it to her while she sat on a bar stool and pretended to be checking her phone. 

She ate calmly while I sat with her and then drank the juice and started to leave.. And I couldn't help but hold her hand. 

She stopped but didn't make eye contact with me.. "No thanks for the sandwich?" I asked her..

"Thank you" she replied and started to leave.. "Soph.. I .. " I trailed off.. what the heck was I supposed to say to her? Does Leo take care? of course he would. I know him. 

"Good night, message me if you or any of your family needs anything. take care." I told her and started to leave and this time she held my wrist and looked at it for it was bandaged.. 

"What happened?" she asked me.

"Nothing.. just an accident" I tried to brush it off.. but she could tell I was lying. 

"It doesn't look like nothing.." saying so she tried to open the bandage which was done badly as I tried to put it up after I killed the informer who was about to tell our plans to the enemy. 

She found the first aid box and cleaned and dressed my wound better. 

"Thanks Soph" I told her and pulled her to me and kissed her lightly on the lips.. 

She had her eyes closed and I couldn't hold myself back and kissed her hard and then rested my forehead on hers and whispered "Come potrei vivere senza di te" ("How could  I ever live without you")after which she just pulled away and left me without a word.. 

I didn't want to go to my room, so I kept myself busy in my study which is a hidden room.. 

Jane came by while I was going through some paper work. She dressed in a very revealing negligee.. 

I was starting to get a headache.. How was it I found Soph even in silly pj's cute and perfect Jane in her perfect nightwear ridiculous. I needed a break. 

"Still working?" she asked me. 

"Hmm.. yes.. " I replied to her.

"I have been waiting for you.. " she trailed off..

"Yes, I am a little busy, will join later, I have too many things on my mind right now, all the deals made by your father.. I have to redraft them and get them signed.. and having so many people in the house.. I want to send them home safe Jane.." I told her.

She came to me and gave me a kiss on my head and left while mumbling "I will still wait for you.."

I honestly hated this whole thing and my feelings which were getting out of control with Soph around.. And Leo is my mate.. and Jane.. my whole head is hurting, so I did what I do best. Putting feelings aside and focusing on my work. 

By the time I was done, it was 6am, I was on the way to go to my room, I saw Soph coming out again.. 

"Needed something?" I asked her.

"Uh, yes, I wanted to do my morning workout, which way is it?" she asked me.

"Come, I will take you" I told her.

"No, just send one of your guys, they will guide me, and did you even sleep? you look like a zombie.." she replied.

"Ah, well I couldn't sleep.. and I was working.. now come, did you sleep well though? why don't you rest for some more time?" I questioned her.

Without responding, she walked with me side by side and exclaimed, "you have an indoor pool? then is it ok if I take a swim instead of working out?" 

"Yes, you could.. but I guess you are dressed for workout" I told her.

"That's alright" she quipped and started to take off her top and yoga pants she was wearing.. and I already had a semi hard on situation seeing her in her yoga pants, now it was a full hard on, to see her get out of her workout clothes. Inside, she wore black underwear with matching sports bra.. kill me now already I wanted to scream.. 

I needed the water too right now.. cold shower it is. 

"Uhm, ok, then I have just messaged you the housekeeper who is in charge of the guests. She will be available now. You could just ask her if you need anything, then. I will leave you to enjoy your swim. You can even adjust the temperature of water here." I tried to show her.

She was close to me breathing and in those underwear, I couldn't focus, my hands started to tremble a bit. "Hey, are you ok" she asked tenderly and held my hands.

"I'm not OK at all" I mumbled looking everywhere except her. 

She hesitated and I tried to leave immediately before I did something foolish and got us both into regretting situations. 

"Alex.." she whispered.. 

My heart skipped a beat, for I was Alex only to her, everyone calls me Alessandro here, only in the US, they used to call me Alex, but the way she said it made me know everything I meant to her and suddenly now I was transported to few years back again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------